Re: Will software VS98524B that is being released today, have a fix for the WiFi-IPv6 sync bug?
GaryA73
Contributor - Level 1

I am reading the official release from VZW concerning the update.  It only mentions fixes to three things:

Bluetooth

Interruptions

Advanced Calling

http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/benefits-lg-g3-7-9-15.pdf?null

Re: Will software VS98524B that is being released today, have a fix for the WiFi-IPv6 sync bug?
sappingo
Enthusiast - Level 3

The 23C update fixed my WiFi issues. I received it yesterday. Phone is working good so far.

0 Likes
sappingo
Enthusiast - Level 3

24B. My bad.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

What's funny is that I was on KK and pushing off the Lollipop upgrade because of these issues with Wi-Fi. At work I had no problems connecting to the Wi-Fi. I upgraded to 24B and even did a factory reset last night. Downloaded all apps clean from the Play Store. While this is not a huge pain to do it is time consuming and tedious. My problem is that on KK I had no issues. On Lollipop I get a message that says No Response From The Internet. We have 2 Wi-Fi connections with 2 different PWs. One for Corporate (our laptops) and Guest (what we give to guests for their laptops and such). I am pinning this on Lollipop because I had no issues on KK at all. The problem isn't that I NEED the connection for work purposes but I, like most others, want to conserve data when I am watching Hulu or Netflix on my lunch. I wouldn't worry about it mostly but I get no data connection in the break room. In my office I am fine because I am on the outside of the building with a window. It is frustrating. I also need to get a replacement (2nd one BTW) because of the bezel crack on the mic and IR blaster. Even more terrible because I don't want to pay for a replacement tempered glass. I am usually easy to please but I am not very happy at this point. I wouldn't mind so much the software as I can get fixes for that but it is most frustrating because I have to purchase replacement.

0 Likes
mrmeach
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the link.  This PDF details what the VS98524B update is supposed to do, but this link is not easy to find. I felt like I was winding my way through a maze when I tried to find it by starting from the top level (www.Verizonwireless.com) and then working my way to it.  It should be obvious once you get to the LG G3 support page, but it isn't.  At that point, you have to just magically know that what you want can be found in the "How To" tab and then scroll through "Page Contents" until you get to "Operating System and Software."  Then it should be easy, right? But, once again, it isn't.  You are given a list of 6 different links with the word "update" or "upgrade" in the title, so now it is just a guessing game.  After selecting two incorrectly, I finally tried "LG G3 Software Update benefits" and was taken to a page describing the benefits of the 23C update, not the 24B update.  How stupid of me.  I should have known the correct link was three more down from that one: "Software Update: LG G3." That should do it, right?... But wait! There's more.  Once into that link, it's not at all clear that you have finally come to the right place until you select the "Benefits of Software Update" which is titled suspiciously like the link that took me, incorrectly, to the info or the 23C update.  But, alas, it IS the correct link. Thanks for taking time to read through my tedious description of this process.  I did this because I wanted to use your link as a case-in-point for just how cumbersome I find the Verizon support pages, in general.

mrmeach
Enthusiast - Level 3

FYI, guys, the link to which I am referring (in post 24) is this one provided by GaryA73 (in post 20):

https://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/benefits-lg-g3-7-9-15.pdf?null

0 Likes