Why have my photos prior to 5/9 been deleted?
msanchez87

On my LG G3, software version 5.0.1, I have now noticed that the thousands of pictures I have from prior to 5/9/2015 have been deleted.

I used to have 2,000+ and now it only registers 300. I have them backed up to Windows One Drive but I wonder what could have happened. Was this effected by an update? I really just noticed this so maybe it happened in May or maybe it happened last week. I don't see them hidden anywhere on my phone so I really have no idea where they could have gone as I never would have chosen to delete thousands of pictures. I have plenty of space on my phone too.

This 5/9 date may also be my 1 year anniversary date but I am unsure how that would effect it.

Any advice is appreciated.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why have my photos prior to 5/9 been deleted?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

msanchez87,

I know how important your pictures are to you and I want to make sure that we help  you find them.  Where you using a different application to keep your files backed up?  Place your LG G3 in Safe Mode and let us know if you are able to view the photos.  Click on the link for steps on how to complete.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-112843/

Keep us posted.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

msanchez87,

I know how important your pictures are to you and I want to make sure that we help  you find them.  Where you using a different application to keep your files backed up?  Place your LG G3 in Safe Mode and let us know if you are able to view the photos.  Click on the link for steps on how to complete.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-112843/

Keep us posted.

YareliM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
msanchez87

Thank you for the advice.

I am happy to use OneDrive to back things up as I am overwhelmed by the millions of options (vcloud and Google Photos for instance). I am in Safe Mode and unfortunately nothing from prior to 5/9 is there. Maybe when I updated around this time it wiped out the old pics?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

What was the correct answer?  Was it using Safe Mode?

0 Likes
msanchez87

It was not. I clicked it to give the comment a "like" or a "thanks" and didn't realize it was for that purpose. Not sure how to undo that

I really do think they are currently not on the phone. Don't have an SD card so they aren't there. I just never would have mass deleted them.

0 Likes
msanchez87

I've undone the correct question.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets look into this further. If you plug your phone into the computer are you able to go through the phone files to view your pictures that you are missing? If so, copy those & save them to the computer.
BryanS_VZW

0 Likes