Why does my LG G3 battery drain so fast after lollipop install?
lalal5g

I have an LG G3, and so does my husband and two of my sons, we are all having issues with the battery on our LG G3's. We loved our phones when we first got them but unfortunately Lollipop has screwed them all up.

When I first got my phone I never even noticed what my battery level was because it would last all day so I didn't have to check it or worry that it was going to die when I really needed it. It also gets really hot at times. I really don't know what to do about this or if there's anything that can be done. I'm super unhappy with my phone (as are my hubby and sons).

Things I've done to try and fix this problem:

I've factory reset my phone twice.

I use Smart Cleaning regularly and clear running apps regularly also.

I've uninstalled apps that I don't use often (which is BS that I can't just have apps I want because I have clear my apps to bare bones just to preserve some battery).

I've gone into a Verizon store and gotten a new SIM card.

I restart it probably every few days.

I would appreciate any suggestions to fix this issue for all of us...Thanks in advance!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why does my LG G3 battery drain so fast after lollipop install?
Snn5
Legend

I wonder if perhaps, when you factory reset the phones if maybe you allowed the apps and app data to restore when you re-set up the phones.  Factory resetting without app restore really helps alleviate the battery issues, because basically, when the system went from KitKat to Lollipop, a lot of apps were not optimized to run on the new system.  Starting from scratch with NOTHING restored app-wise and then re-downloading fresh optimized copies usually resolves these issues.

0 Likes
lalal5g

Thanks, but no, I didn't have the app data restore. It was a clean restore...didn't help. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you loving your phones again, lalal5g. Let's check into additional troubleshooting options. The good news is that your device can have the software repaired. Here's the link to do that. http://vz.to/1fAKWW9
LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes