Why do my text messages get stuck "sending?"
tiffanymh20
Enthusiast - Level 2

Too often my text messages will get stuck at "sending" and never send unless i turn my device off and back on. When they do send, they are sent multiple times.

I have the LG G4.

I also do not receive many texts until hours later.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why do my text messages get stuck "sending"
Snn5
Legend

2 things to try:  1, if you have many threads, delete a few, or all, backup the messages if you need them with SMS Backup and Restore or Verizon Messages+.  2, remove the SIM card for a min or two, then reinsert it, power off and power back on.  Some phones require you to remove the battery before you can remove the SIM.  I speak from G2 experience, but I can remove mine from the side of the bezel.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
QUEENANN
Enthusiast - Level 1

IM AM HAVING SAME PROBLEM HERE WITH A SAMSUNG S4.

Snn5
Legend

2 things to try:  1, if you have many threads, delete a few, or all, backup the messages if you need them with SMS Backup and Restore or Verizon Messages+.  2, remove the SIM card for a min or two, then reinsert it, power off and power back on.  Some phones require you to remove the battery before you can remove the SIM.  I speak from G2 experience, but I can remove mine from the side of the bezel.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to be able to send and receive messages tiffanymh20. Have you been able to try what Snn5 suggested? What message application are you using? How long has this been going on for? Is anyone else having this issue?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes