Why did my 3 week old LG-G3 suddenly delete my photos/videos from my SD card?
SavedSinner

I activated a brand new LG G3 on 12/24/2014 at a Verizon store. A new SIM card was installed but the SD card was transferred from my Motorla Droid Maxx. The phone was turned on without any issues. I checked the phone for all the apps as well as all my
photos/videos. Evertything was there as expected. All is good!

However, on 1/10/2015 something very strange happened. I took a photo (1 photo) and texted it to my daughter. No problems were encountered. However, I noticed an SD icon with an exclamation point a short time later in the top bar. I pulled the bar down and found the SD card/exclamation point icon with the following statement "Blank SD card: SD card is blank or has unsupported file system". I
checked my gallery after reading the statement. No photos/video were listed. The last action performed was sending a photo from the gallery that contained all my original photos. No updates were performed. Nothing.

Therefore, I simply restarted the LG-G3. The restart went quickly and smoothly. However, my photos/video were still missing. I shutdown the phone, removed the battery, and then removed the SD card. Reseated the SD card, replaced the battery, and restarted
the phone. Immediately checked the gallery but my original photos/video were not there. Therefore, I removed the SD card once again and placed it into an adaptor. Inserted the SD adaptor into the PC slot. The PC did not see any photos or videos but asked me to reformat the SD (I DID NOT REFORMAT). Tried another PC in the house but got the same result - blank SD. That is the last
repair attempt that was made. The phone functions fine outside the SD card issue.

I had already created a cloud account and was going to backup my photos etc... later in the evening. I needed the phone for business purposes on 1/10/2014. Hopefully, there is something that can be done to bring the photos/videos back.

What can I do to correct the "Blank SD card: SD card is blank or has unsupported file system" error?

Thanks to all for any assistance provided!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why did my 3 week old LG-G3 suddenly delete my photos/videos from my SD card?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi SavedSinner!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us for additional support.  We are certainly here to help you further!  My apologies to hear of the issues you're experiencing with your LG-G3 and SD card.  That is most frustrating to learn anytime our pictures or video's are lost.  I know first hand how important my pictures and candid moments are to me as well. 

Regarding the issue that you are experiencing, it does sound as though the SD card upon switching into the new device, corrupted.  This can lead to the loss and entire deletion of the pictures/videos on the SD card.  The only way in which this information can be recovered is if you are able to take the SD card and put it into the SD card reader, insert the reader into the computer, and then transfer the content to the computer.  If the SD card reader didn't recognize the content of the media card, I regret to advise the information has been deleted permanently.  Regarding the need to format the card, this step will permanently delete the information on the card, if not previously deleted.  When switching devices, reformatting the SD card can be necessary to have it operate correctly in the new phone. 

If you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to let us know.  We appreciate your business and I hope you are loving your new phone!  Have a wonderful evening!

-KristieQ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at VZW Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why did my 3 week old LG-G3 suddenly delete my photos/videos from my SD card?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi SavedSinner!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us for additional support.  We are certainly here to help you further!  My apologies to hear of the issues you're experiencing with your LG-G3 and SD card.  That is most frustrating to learn anytime our pictures or video's are lost.  I know first hand how important my pictures and candid moments are to me as well. 

Regarding the issue that you are experiencing, it does sound as though the SD card upon switching into the new device, corrupted.  This can lead to the loss and entire deletion of the pictures/videos on the SD card.  The only way in which this information can be recovered is if you are able to take the SD card and put it into the SD card reader, insert the reader into the computer, and then transfer the content to the computer.  If the SD card reader didn't recognize the content of the media card, I regret to advise the information has been deleted permanently.  Regarding the need to format the card, this step will permanently delete the information on the card, if not previously deleted.  When switching devices, reformatting the SD card can be necessary to have it operate correctly in the new phone. 

If you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to let us know.  We appreciate your business and I hope you are loving your new phone!  Have a wonderful evening!

-KristieQ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at VZW Support

0 Likes