Re: Why did VZW remove the call blocking feature?
Tidbits
Legend

How I do what?  LG left the code there, and you have to <TOS violation word> to un-hide it.  T-Mobile and AT&T versions are "missing" some things are well, and you had to do to same to change the flags.

LG is just terrible with their code.  They update devices to unhide things often.  Usually it's unintended by them, and here in the states carriers get flack for it.  At times you can see features missing in Europe/Asia which has no "carrier" involvement and control(which is funny people here in the states thinks contracts entitle carriers do do things for the manufacturer when the manufacturer code is proprietary and no way a manufacturer is going to give their code away).

0 Likes
TMO89
Contributor - Level 1

ok I found something interesting. Create a contact called "Ignore", etc. Add all numbers you don't want calling you to this contact. Then in the settings functions under that contact, there's an option to send all calls to voicemail. This is apparently the only way to block callers without having to use something external, although it is a TIDBIT complicated. SMH. Cheers!

2Quiet4u
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do that too. but I named mine "zIgnore", that way it's on the bottom of my address book.

jeraldo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Very helpful hack -- thank you.

Elephantsec
Enthusiast - Level 1

Amen... so sick of businesses like Verizon, Facebook, and especially Apple that have so many controlling restrictive features, all for the sake of making more money. It's not about the "customer" anymore for sure.  More people should complain about controlling and restrictive things such as this. This is absolutely ridiculous. Its like there's a conspiracy to gain control of peoples private things, and make money off of them.  And express their outrage, then maybe, just maybe they might do something about it.

0 Likes
jwolf123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Right, all the money they claim to spend improving network strength and reducing fraud, yet Rachel from card holder services calls everyday from a different number.  Then they bump up the amount you pay monthly with little or no notice or change the terms of your contract because they reserved that right while reducing/removing features.  Your recourse is always to leave if you don't like it, send some smoke signals, get some cans on a string, maybe hire a guy with a horse. There is always the post office.  Sorry if this sounds mean but it is the gist of what the corporate slags that are going to regurgitate the corporate mantra at you are going to say.

They don't care they are the phone company they don't have too.

0 Likes
Elephantsec
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree....but I am not just complaining about the corporations that find ways to nickel and dime you as well as invade control over your private things,but the overall complacency of people over such things.  There was a time when people banded together to get things done or make changes where needed.  When people or corporations start controlling things that should be private, or charging you for things that don't even cost THEM any more money, that is just the beginning of what corporations will start doing, if allowed.  People should be outraged enough to DO something about it, whether it be to boycott, write letters, inform the media of any questionable practices, etc. etc. depending on the situation, business, or persons involved.  Just don't stand there and "accept" everything that comes your way!    People are quick to complain, but seldom aggressive enough to do anything to necessitate change. They claim to be too "busy" or wrought with "more important" things...Heck, there are many people who don't even vote...but give them a piece of paper and they'll list all the people in office they would just LOVE to see gone.  That's the sentiment out there these days....Complacency...or just plain laziness.  It's very discouraging. I'm not one of them, because either of those traits just makes me livid. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I've been saying that for years... I get called a Shill for saying it... People would rather complain than talk with their money which hurts corporations than fitting the bill while running the mouth.

0 Likes
stalker145
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have set up my phone using the "Priority" feature. With that, I've set contacts in my address book to be allowed through, while all other numbers are blocked. If I'm looking at my phone and someone not in my address book calls, I can see the screen light up and the caller's information, but there's no ring and they eventually go to voicemail.

It's rather nice.

0 Likes