Why can't Verizon answer when the G3 will get the Lolipop update?
CitizenDigital
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I had my Nokia Icon, I had to wait months and month and months to get the official 8.1 non-buggy official update. I asked Verizon monthly when I would get this update to have the same experience all their customers with OLDER phones were having. They NEVER had an answer. I cannot explain how pissed off I was because the sales rep that sold it to me explained it would be one of the first phones to get 8.1. Now, I have left the WP environment because of the sour experience, and I see that I have a phone again that is out of date. I understand it was just released, so it's different. Why can't Verizon step up to the plate and answer? Why cant they man it up to make the transition faster? Feels like the pretty just ignore everyone and tell them to piss off since we already give them money.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't Verizon answer when the G3 will get the Lolipop update?
LompocDad
Enthusiast - Level 2

@CitizenDigital, the answer can probably boil down to this.  There is a team of people that have to review this update when it arrives at the corporate office. Once the "paperwork" has been reviewed, the files need to be reviewed, then the update needs to be tested, then an entire rollout plan needs to be put in place.  The people in charge of officially releasing the update to the public are probably waiting on the group of technical engineers to give the thumbs up by some email or morning meeting.  Until they do, "Verizon" wont know when the update will be ready.  All they hear from the tech boys is Hold On, We're testing.  I work in a similar industry so I see how the ball rolls in situations like this.

krusej23
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
joonhyuk
Contributor - Level 1

Wish Samsung would do something.... very obnoxious how Google completely **** this release. Only version I hope carriers are releasing is 5.0.2.

<< Edited by Verizon Moderator to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
kbar
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have to agree that Verizon is really slow about updating the devices and is not very good at providing information. Although VZ claims to have the "latest" devices, they always lag in new hardware, and are near the bottom of the pack in updating the devices with new versions of the OS and security patches. However, they are one of the first to push out crapware to your device. I just noticed they added a new app (non-optional) that allows them to add apps without your permission.

Instead of claiming the "latest devices" VZ should advertise "last year's devices".