Why can't I send or receive texts with one specific number?
Alicherry

I cannot send or receive texts with one specific number . all texts work to and from everyone else. I am verizon lg g5. The other person is iphone att. I have done factory reset. I have deregistered from imessage both numbers using the apple link. I have tried 3rd party messaging apps. I have deleted the contact and recreated. I have deleted all message threads. Nothing has worked. It is just this one number. I have also adjusted imessage and reset the other persons phone. Deleted and recreated thread and contact on that phone. I am super frustrated. Any other ideas. Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't I send or receive texts with one specific number?
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

You've come to the right place for help Alicherry. Making sure all your text messages are working is definitely important. I appreciate all the troubleshooting you've done so far. Lets get to the bottom of this.

When did you start having this issue? What happens when you try sending that person a text? Has the other person reached out to their carrier for assistance? Since you are only having issue with that specific number, it may be that the issue is with the other person's line.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jacobv_vzw
Verizon Employee

Alicherry - Being able to communicate with all of your contacts is crucial. I can understand how frustrating this issue can be. Don't worry, I will help you resolve the texting issue you're having. What text messaging application are you using with your LG G5? A third party text messaging application, or the native text messaging application that came with your device?

-JacobV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Alicherry

This originally started happening when I got my previous phone with Verizon. I went from Nexus (worked fine) to an S2. Now I have the G5 and its still an issue..the other person has always had an iPhone.

What happens is I send a text and the message details say sent. Never received. Never delivered.

The same is true when that person tries to send to me . status of sent. But never received or delivered. It can be sms or mms. Same result.

Since it worked with my nexus but only changed when I got a new phone thus rules out issue with the other carrier.

I use the native sms app to my Verizon lgg5. I have also tried gosms pro. It behaves the same way in both texting apps

Thank you both for your interest in helping me. This has been an issue for a long time. Very annoying.

0 Likes
ralpht_vzw
Verizon Employee

Alicherry, we understand how important is is to be able to send and receive text and picture messages.  We will provide some additional troubleshooting.  At this time this matter needs to be looked at by our engineer team.  I am sending you a private message so that we can provide you with some personal assistance.

Ralpht_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Alicherry

I have replied to Ralph by DM 2 days ago with my updated pin number (we logged in and changed it).I haven't heard back yet.

I am still having this issue and would appreciate the help ticket being submitted.

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Alicherry, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue. Let's make sure that this isn't a memory capacity issue. Please delete all unwanted text messages on your device. Power your device off/on and try to send a text message again. Keep us posted.

Lasina_VZW

0 Likes
Alicherry

I did as you asked. No change. Please note, this issue has been happening on my old Nexus and this current g5. The first thing I did when I got my g5 (and new SIM card) was try texting the one number that can't receive/send.

It did not work.

So. I don't think it is any sort of memory issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Alicherry,

Thank you very much for trying that. I know this started when switching phones but with it happening with multiple phones the timing could be a coincidence. Just to check is the other phone able to send and receive texts from everyone else? Have you tried texting anyone else who has that same carrier?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Alicherry

Yes. We have tried all of that . I have no problem with any other numbers. On any carrier. He cannot text me, either. But has no issues with anyone else.

0 Likes