Why can't I change my notification tone?
mpf523
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Verizon LG G3 phone will not let me change my text notification tone. No matter which one I select, it goes back to the one I do not want. Have tried all I know, including powering the phone off/on, but that did not solve the issue. How can I fix this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My LG G3 will not let me change my notification tone. It goes back to one I don't want, no matter which one I select.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know you said that you solved the problem, mpf523. Are these the steps you took? If not then please share with us.
Steps to change the notification sound for emails and texts on your LG G3
1.    From the home screen, tap the All Apps icon.
2.    Scroll to and tap Settings.
3.    Tap Sound.
4.    Tap Notification sound.
5.    Tap the preferred notification sound and then tap OK.
Note: Ringtones placed in the Ringtones folder and notification tones placed in the Notifications folder of the internal storage will appear in the list of available ringtones or notification tones. Both ringtones and notification tones must be a supported file type.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My LG G3 will not let me change my notification tone. It goes back to one I don't want, no matter which one I select.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be distraught as well, if I could not get my text notification sound set, mpf523. When did this start? Are you on the new software? Is there an option for you to save as default when you browse your text notification sounds in Settings?

AllisonC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mpf523
Enthusiast - Level 2

It allows me to select any default sound notification I want, and save it, but it then goes right back to the old one on it's own. Will not allow me to select any other notification sound at all

0 Likes
mpf523
Enthusiast - Level 2

It started doing this on it's own as of yesterday, and nothing I've tried has resolved the issue.

0 Likes
mpf523
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just found the answer on line how to fix this problem. I am all set now.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know you said that you solved the problem, mpf523. Are these the steps you took? If not then please share with us.
Steps to change the notification sound for emails and texts on your LG G3
1.    From the home screen, tap the All Apps icon.
2.    Scroll to and tap Settings.
3.    Tap Sound.
4.    Tap Notification sound.
5.    Tap the preferred notification sound and then tap OK.
Note: Ringtones placed in the Ringtones folder and notification tones placed in the Notifications folder of the internal storage will appear in the list of available ringtones or notification tones. Both ringtones and notification tones must be a supported file type.

AllisonC_VZW

0 Likes