What should I do if my screen goes blue?
ScncFctnLady

My G3 screen went blue and the phone powered off while using Instagram. Phone will not power back on, even after removing the battery. Battery was at over 60% charged, it was plugged into the original charger.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lg G3 screen went blue...
Swarndw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know this is late but I discovered a fix for the LG G3 "blue screen of death" looping restart problem.  This sometimes works on other phones, tablets and solid state devices as well.  It does not require taking the phone apart (just remove the back, battery, sim and SD) and you won't lose your data.  Here's how its done:

1.  Take the back off the phone, remove the battery, SIM and SD cards. 

2.  Tape a thin piece of cardboard or tissue to protect sensitive areas (speaker, on/off button,

volume buttons, camera lens, IR eye, flash led).  The process requires high heat.

3.  Use a hairdryer on high heat and blow the heat over the uncovered areas for

ten (10) minutes. 

>>>Do not hold the hairdryer in any one place for more than 15 sec. 

>>> Do not use the hairdryer on the screen side of the phone. 

4.  After 10 minutes, allow the phone to cool from hot to just very warm. 

5.  Replace the battery without the SIM or SD cards inserted, and turn on the phone. 

Your phone should come on to the normal opening screen. 

>>>It may take about 2 minutes longer than usual for your phone to startup. 

>>>Repeat the heating process if it doesn't work the first time. 

Let your phone get a little hotter and do not let it cool as much before starting up. 

6.  After you get your phone working, turn it off, replace your SIM and SD cards and restart.

I don't know yet if this is a permanent fix so you should backup all your photos,

files and downloads in case the "blue screen of (almost) death" returns.

It worked for me - Hope this works for you!

God bless,

D. Swarn

View solution in original post

ScncFctnLady

Tried holding down the power button and volume down at the same time. Phone powered on briefly and then flashed off before I could read the error code in top left corner of screen. The LED light started flashing blue then red, over and over. Then went dark again. No response at all now.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

You might Try with the Battery Left out Holding in on the Power Button for a Good 20 Sec. then re-insert the Battery see if the phone will come back on, if not.. if you possibly have another spare charger try it see if can get it to come back on do you possibly have a spare G3 battery you can try using in the phone if the other suggestion don't work..

ScncFctnLady

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried holding the power button down for 20+ seconds, with the battery out. And when I put the battery back in, the phone started up. However it went straight to the blue screen and shut back off. There is no message on the blue screen.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well I'd Take it to the Store and see what they can do for ya I'd say the Unit will have to be replaced..

0 Likes
Swarndw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know this is late but I discovered a fix for the LG G3 "blue screen of death" looping restart problem.  This sometimes works on other phones, tablets and solid state devices as well.  It does not require taking the phone apart (just remove the back, battery, sim and SD) and you won't lose your data.  Here's how its done:

1.  Take the back off the phone, remove the battery, SIM and SD cards. 

2.  Tape a thin piece of cardboard or tissue to protect sensitive areas (speaker, on/off button,

volume buttons, camera lens, IR eye, flash led).  The process requires high heat.

3.  Use a hairdryer on high heat and blow the heat over the uncovered areas for

ten (10) minutes. 

>>>Do not hold the hairdryer in any one place for more than 15 sec. 

>>> Do not use the hairdryer on the screen side of the phone. 

4.  After 10 minutes, allow the phone to cool from hot to just very warm. 

5.  Replace the battery without the SIM or SD cards inserted, and turn on the phone. 

Your phone should come on to the normal opening screen. 

>>>It may take about 2 minutes longer than usual for your phone to startup. 

>>>Repeat the heating process if it doesn't work the first time. 

Let your phone get a little hotter and do not let it cool as much before starting up. 

6.  After you get your phone working, turn it off, replace your SIM and SD cards and restart.

I don't know yet if this is a permanent fix so you should backup all your photos,

files and downloads in case the "blue screen of (almost) death" returns.

It worked for me - Hope this works for you!

God bless,

D. Swarn

qqqqqqqman2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dec.,2019.....stepson’s LG G3 got the blue screen of death.  Battery taken out for reset, didn’t work.   Saw other methods on the internet, but they were for Samsung phones.  Was about to just chuck it and go buy another phone for him.

Tried this heat trick with a heat gun.....5 minutes on low, moving the heat gun around every 5 seconds or so....let it cool a bit for 2 minutes....WORKS!

Whodda thunk?   Absolutely amazed, LOL!  THANKS!!

0 Likes
Sprinter99

My husband's LG G3 phone had the same problem.. blue screen. We used your blow dryer method and it works! Not sure how long it will work so he is getting his valuable info off of it. Maybe it's time for a new phone....? 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes