Re: WIFI speeds being reduced
WallyR
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, it is a new month and I am still getting lousy internet speeds. The only reason I bothered to check (I am so used to poor speeds that I just kind of ignore it) is my wife complained again and she has the faster Chrome book. I know there are people streaming movies and all kind of social media stuff out there on their smartphones. But I still contend that my WIFI hot spot never gets the full speed before it is reduced. I only got full speed once. So here I am again complaining. I have included that one time where it worked properly as a comparison. Please fix this as I am paying for a service! I know you have control of my speeds because you fixed it once.

results62720.jpgspeedtest.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help in any way that we can. To make sure that we are on the same page, are you stating that these are the speeds you are receiving through your mobile hotspot? BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
WallyR
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are paying for 2 lines with unlimited data and using the WIFI hot spot on both phones.

I only got high speed for a couple of days when I called and complained. We are still not getting any data speed worth mentioning. I have not received any texts saying my speeds will be reduced because of data usage. We are not getting the service we are (or have been) paying for. This has been going on for quite a while! See previous posts.

I do not know what is causing this, but Verizon needs to fix this problem.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Go Unlimited Plan that you have mentioned as being your plan restricts the maximum hotspot speeds to 600 kbps. You may want to change your plan to one that has high speed hotspot data. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
WallyR
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is no true unlimited plan. The whole system is a lie and designed to make you spend more money on nothing. I did get high speed once! Only after I called in and for a while my phone didn't connect at all.

speedtest.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the services you need and deserve at all times is important, and we are here to assist you. Please meet us in a Private Note to proceed. AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes
WallyR
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a continuing problem (see previous entry 04/06/2020) that has not been resolved. I recently purchased an Ellipsis Jetpack mobile hotspot because of my poor WIFI hotspot speeds when I need to use this for work related connection including video conferencing. When I purchased the jetpack, there were overcharge problems with the Verizon dealer that I have since been in touch with. There are still problems with the dealer. I am still having speed problems with my phone and my wife's phone (on same account).

The speed does not reset to 4G LTE after my payment every month and stays at slow speed. A new problem has arisen, I am not now eligible for discount because I pay with a credit card (must use debit card) and my account rate has gone up. I was never notified about this and it showed up as a surprise on my bill. It also showed that my other phone has been paying this other price for a while. I believe that I have been cheated out of my full speed for may months now. Read previous posts about speed. I called Verizon support and did not receive a satisfactory answer on this issue. I have been paying with credit card and autopay for a long time (years).

0 Likes
WallyR
Enthusiast - Level 1

Now this is all messed up, somehow I have managed to mark my question as being a solution.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@WallyR as the original poster of this thread, you have the ability to both mark a post as the solution and unmark the post as well. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
WallyR
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, I unmarked it as a solution. Now all I need is some answers.

0 Likes