Re: WIFI speeds being reduced
WallyR
Enthusiast - Level 1

I seem to get an email alert when I have run out of GB's. But there is something else going on here and I feel that I have not been getting the speed I pay for. I get the "run out of high speed", but not sure at what number. In the past 6 months I haven't had that email, but my service was always slow.

See my previous posts for when this started.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perhaps you should review the details of your plan to understand how much high speed hotspot data you have each month. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
WallyR
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not a streamer of much in the way of movies, but I do use data (using the WIFI hotspot is not real good for streaming movies - too slow). Verizon is not very clear and often confusing about what they provide for "Unlimited Data" services. Are there other people on "Unlimited Data" services that pay for more data? Very confusing. And the notices that I get have a "0" data number in them. I didn't start getting the "you are out of unlimited high speed data" notices until this year and have always been slow. This is my primary complaint, but since I have been writing about this, suddenly my data speeds have increased. What is going on with Verizon? I have had Verizon for many years, but didn't use much wifi hot spot. I am generally satisfied with their services, but not with this issue.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perhaps you could provide the community members with the exact name of your plan as it is listed on your bill and we can explain the difference between your plan and others available to you? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
WallyR
Enthusiast - Level 1

My plan is called Go Unlimited prepaid.

No other details are on my bill.

I choose prepaid because I do not want to be tied into a contract and I am not one of those persons who want to pay for new phones over time. My phone is older and I keep nursing it along. My wife's phone is newer. We do not want to pay $1000 for a new phone. Ridiculous when you used to get them for free with a contract. But don't get me started on THAT scam!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The name of the plan is "Go Unlimited Prepaid"? Either that is a retired plan or a plan that isn't advertised on the website. The current Unlimited Prepaid plan for smartphones doesn't have the mobile hotspot feature included. The only current prepaid plans with the mobile hotspot feature are the tiered prepaid monthly plans with a set amount of high speed data. If you can actually use the mobile hotspot feature on your phone and your plan actually doesn't allow that feature, you should thankfully VZW hasn't figured it out yet and cut it off. 

https://www.verizon.com/prepaid/

You don't have to pay $1000 for a new phone. There are several phones available for much less. They aren't the high end phones, but they have many of the same features. 

0 Likes
WallyR
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey, I am paying them $117 a month for 2 lines. Do you now see how confusing Verizon plans can be?

Almost as confusing as trying to figure out all the Medicare insurance packages.

What they want is for you to be in an expensive contract AND paying a monthly fee for a smartphone.

Scam to the max! I am getting a discount because I am a veteran. At least they gave me that! We are both senior citizens and there doesn't seem to be much help with that part.

I paid a couple of hundred dollars for the smart phones and my old LG VS880PP is still plugging along after 4 years, but I have lost functionality in some of my APPS due to software updates (have proven this by resetting my phone as new). One example is my GPS function. If I reset it as new it works perfectly! Until the APP updates catch up.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are no longer any service contracts for smartphones. You can enter into a device payment agreement over two years, but that isn't a service contract. 

Prepaid plans aren't eligible for the military and veterans discount. Are you sure that you have a prepaid account? If you are getting a physical bill in the mail, you don't have a prepaid account. You have a postpaid account. If that is the case, then you could save a little bit more money if you opt for the paperless billing and autopay through a checking account or debit card discount which I believe can be added with the military discount. If you truly have a postpaid account, the Go Unlimited Plan makes more sense now for the plan you have. The mobile hotspot feature is included in the Go Unlimited Plan, but it is restricted to a maximum of 600 kbps speeds for the entire duration of the billing cycle. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/go-unlimited-faqs/

FYI, I have only one line with VZW and I'm paying about $105 including taxes and fees. I also take some time to understand the plan I have. If I choose to switch my plan, I also take some time to research which plan will suit my needs and budget. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WallyR, we want to make sure that we get a good look at the details of your plan and account. For us to go over the specifics, I'm going to send you another Private Note. KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
WallyR
Enthusiast - Level 1

I told you the name of my plan. I have tried to respond to emails before and they get kicked back.

Verizon knows who I am because my speeds have increased since I have been complaining. See my speeds in my previous posts.

0 Likes