VS98625A software update has been causing major issues on my LG G4. When will a new software update or patch be pushed out?
ExecutiveRealness
Enthusiast - Level 2

With this new update, I am unable to use Bluetooth or WiFi. Both services turn on and off randomly and are no longer reliable. WiFi will blink when it tries to turn itself on and fails. Bluetooth won't turn on at all. Reboots do not fix the issue.

When will these issues be resolved? It's pointless to have a smartphone that does not have WiFi capability. I am not interested in running up my mobile data. And now my tablet is useless because I can't tether internet to it anymore.

Feel free to add other experiences and issues with this software update.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: VS98625A software update has been causing major issues on my LG G4. When will a new software update or patch be pushed out?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Software updates are meant to enhance your phone, not cause you headaches. I definitely understand how you feel ExecutiveRealness.

Just so I am clear, you are unable to to turn Bluetooth on the phone? What happens when you attempt to enable Bluetooth?

In regards to WiFi, are you unable to connect to any WiFi or is the issue that you are unable to turn on the mobile hotspot on the phone?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: VS98625A software update has been causing major issues on my LG G4. When will a new software update or patch be pushed out?
ExecutiveRealness
Enthusiast - Level 2

When you tapped the Bluetooth to switch on, nothing would happen and then the icon would switch itself off.

With the WiFi, the icon would be illuminated as if it was on, but it really wasn't. Sometimes the icon would start flashing saying it was turning itself on. It wouldn't connect to any network.

I reached out to LG and they said that these problems are not due to the software update since not everyone has been having the same experience. They suggested factory resetting the phone.

Before doing that though, I decided to reset my network settings first. After rebooting the phone (taking battery out and putting back in too), it started working again. I've been using it for 24+ hours now without issue. I will reply if the problems come back.

ExecutiveRealness
Enthusiast - Level 2

Back for an update. After trying the reset network settings route, it worked for about a day, and then it was back to the same issues described above.

This morning I backed up my data to my external SD and did a factory reset. Issues continued to persist while I was going through the setup wizard.

I am going to the Verizon Wireless store tomorrow. I have insurance and I've had my phone less than a year so it's still under warranty. I am going to have it replaced and see what happens.

Hopefully I won't experience the same issues on my next phone! I'll be back if I do.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ExecutiveRealness, I definitely understand the importance of using Bluetooth so let's work together on getting this very important feature working. Have you tried putting the device in Safe Mode to temporarily disable all the 3rd party applications just to see if that makes any difference? Here are the steps. Please keep me posted if there is any change when the device is in Safe Mode. http://spr.ly/6588Bl0w4
NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ExecutiveRealness
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried safe mode as you suggested, problems continue. No WiFi or Bluetooth.

0 Likes