Unable to pair LG G3 with Garmin connect
jen7682
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a vivofit and can't pair it with Garmin connect. I called Garmin who advised me this is an issue on Verizon's end with the bluetooth since the Marshmallow update. Any ideas when this is going to be fixed?

Labels (2)
Re: Unable to pair LG G3 with Garmin connect
nygirl74

I am having the same issue since 2/20/16.  This is highly disappointing that it has not been fixed in over 2 months!

0 Likes
Acarpenter

I am also having this same issue. Its very frustraring!

0 Likes
cvrn63
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im having the same problem.Communicated with Garmin ad naseum. They assure me,the problem is with new update with LG

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jen7682, keeping you safe while being active was exactly hte goal when you made that purchase and we want to ensure that you are doing just that. So that we may fully understand, is the phone able to connect with other bluetooth devices? What exactly happens when attempting to connect?

LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tjford
Enthusiast - Level 2

After three months of not being able to use my Garmin Vivoactive (as well as other BT devices, such as a heart rate monitor and foot pod) with my LG G3, I finally threw in the towel and bought the Samsung Galaxy S5 I almost bought two years ago instead of my G3.  My gently used S5 is still on Android 5.x and, of course, works fine with all my devices.  I've determined I can sell my G3 for a bit more than I paid for my used S5, so I'll essentially break even, although I'm a little hesitant to sell my G3 in case (1) my S5 gets the 6.0 update and stops working with my BT devices and (2) an update finally arrives and fixes the G3.

Personally, I'm planning to avoid LG products going forward and am considering moving my family's mobile business to another carrier.  The fact that the problem exists and has persisted so long is frustrating, but it's the nearly complete lack of communication that I find intolerable.  I work in the software industry.  Sometimes we deploy new/updated software and it doesn't work quite right or messes things up.  Apologizing (like the reps in this forum do regularly) is fine, but I know what customers really appreciate are updates.  If either Verizon or LG would have acknowledged the problem and provided information with regard to what is being done and when a solution is expected, it would have gone a long way toward pacifying me.

tjford
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just wanted to close the loop.  Yesterday I noticed the Marshmallow update was available for the Samsung Galaxy S5 with which I had replaced my G3.  After some debate, I decided if it was going to cause a problem I wanted to know about it sooner rather than later, so I installed the update.  I'm happy to report my S5 has no problem pairing with my Garmin watch or my other bluetooth devices that my G3 stopped pairing with after the Marshmallow update.

So, just in case anyone else was interested in replacing their now semi-functional G3 with a very similar phone at essentially no cost (assuming you, like me, are able to sell your G3 for about the same price you pay for an S5), I can endorse that solution.  For those of you pursuing other solutions, best of luck.