Time to call your State Attorney General's Office...
Alphahotelbravo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I, like everyone else, who was forced to update my nearly new LG G3 have been experiencing all the same issues with what was exceptional performance and is now nearly crippled by the Lollipop "update."

I have read many forums and Customer Support responses with potential fixes, some of which are no more than delay tactics, and distracting run-arounds.  Whoever led the teams that developed, tested and released this update should be fired, immediately and unceremoniously.

Many of us have had to switch over to pure 4G to get any connectivity performance, which, one could envision without too much of a stretch, was deliberate to force us to use more data - which we would, of course, have to pay extra for.  I'm positive that type of restrictive coersion is illegal.

Verizon has failed to deliver on goods and services that many of us are paying through our captive contracts with potential penalties, and through their actions, which we could not opt out of, we have suffered a loss of functionality and performance of our devices.  Additionally, they have not communicated a timeframe for a solution, or a 'fix' to the problem.

It's time for an authority to step in to ensure that Verizon makes good on their performance and be held accountable for not delivering and restricting use of the devices.

To Verizon:  fix the problem, or rebate us for our trouble, and facilitate a penalty-free capacity to switch carriers without any encumbrances.

My first phone call on Monday, 6/29/2015 will be to my State Attorney's office to file a complaint and ask that an investigation be started.  I would suggest that all of us who have been rear-ended by this "update" do the same.  That will be the only way we get any action on this.  The irony is that I will use my Verizon phone to make the call.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Time to call your State Attorney General's Office...
Snn5
Legend

You don't mention the problems...most of which the majority of people have already overcome.

0 Likes
beentheredonethat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon, like all the carriers, has little to do with system updates.  With Android updates it goes from Google to the hardware manufacturer, in your case LG, to Verizon.  Google updates the OS.  The manufacturer tests it and certifies it for its hardware, possibly even modifying or adding firmware to fix any known issues.  The only thing the carrier does is to make certain the update allows the device to connect to its network and use Verizon's services.  Phone calls, SMS, MMS, 4G/3G/1x data connectivity, that's it.  But because you don't pay a monthly bill to Google or LG you hold Verizon responsible for all of it.  And if you switch carriers you'll have EXACTLY the same experience.  Good luck with your call to your state AG's office.  I'm sure they'll pay close attention to the rants of an angry cell phone customer.

Tarndt
Enthusiast - Level 1

What problems are you having with lg g3? I started having problems After update with no signal, can't make or receive calls all the time,data slow, text delays or don't send. Verizon says it's my coverage area even though I never had problems before and their map shows in 4glte. So they tell me upgrade to iPhone for 300 or cancel and they'll waive etf

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Either try the full reset without app data and then download DNSet to rectify the wifi issues, or go for the waived fee.  Either that or wait for 5.1 or later.

Alphahotelbravo
Enthusiast - Level 2

You're right, how silly of me, I should listen to the bemusement, admonishment, and advice from a kool-aid drinking industry employee (since we've started the name-calling)... 

I wouldn't have bought the device if it only connected to the carrier's network.  No one would.

Here's what I know... my device worked fine prior to the update.  Now, it doesn't.  That's more than an inconvenience, it's a bad experience.  More specifically, a bad 'end-user experience.'  If Verizon, Google, LG, Qualcomm, or even the people who make the 'click' sound of the keyboard as I type this out don't care about my experience as an end user, I'll find someone who will.  Since there are entire forums devoted to this very topic, I don't think I'm alone.  My only fault in this was to have purchased the device, I guess.

I sincerely doubt that most all the issues have been resolved for many users.  I don't know what planet you're on, but someone posts something on Verizon's forums at least 5 times a day about this set of issues.  If it isn't about the issues specifically, it's follow-up regarding non-resolution after trying to get support.  I can't guess how many other places it shows up, it's over 100, because that's close to the number of sites I've visited looking for answers.

As far as Verizon's 'hands off' approach to the software...  Care to explain the permanently attached applications that have the Verizon stamp all over them?  There's a whole tab on my phone that has Verizon apps, that soak up a significant amount of space, that I didn't install, and cannot uninstall.  Wait, those aren't Google apps...  Or LG...  I sincerely doubt that Google would have released software that disables the push feature of their most valuable demographic tool, GMail.  Or, get this, have Chrome so non-functional on a wireless network that people install Firefox.  Really?  Even my device says Verizon.  THE HARDWARE doesn't say LG or Google on the front, it says Verizon.  Gotta start somewhere, and that's the first thing I see.

Regardless of whose finger you point to the responsibilities of why this has happened, what's on the scoreboard at the end is that it is not as designed, at least not originally, and it was not an improvement in functionality and performance.  I know few people who would voluntarily sign up for something they were told was going to get worse under the auspices of improvement.

As far as my ranting as an individual to ANYONE is concerned, perhaps you're right, one person may not make a difference.  But a hundred people...  Now that might just show up on someone's spreadsheet.

Alphahotelbravo
Enthusiast - Level 2

The same problems you and everyone else are having...  I think everyone's been told to wait for the update...

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

You should both contact LG for a replacement phone.   Most of the phones update without problems.  Verizon can only offer you a warranty replacement.   LG is responsible for the software on the phone.

you can go over to other carrier forums and see the same complaints....lollipop.  For months it was, "when do we get it?"    Now it's , "lollipop messed up my phone". 

FYI. This is primarily a customer to customer support forum.  Employees are clearly labeled.  You will get an honest response here, but you may not like the answers you get.  The fact is, you have to go through proper channels to get results and the AG's office isn't it. 

beentheredonethat
Enthusiast - Level 3

So true, mama23dogs.  Before it rolls out, everyone is like, "When is it gonna get here?" and after it arrives it's "I hate it!  It messed up my phone!"  Try going into the Windows Phone forums and looking at posts about Cyan or whatever.  Lots of whining and even threats of lawsuits alleging that Verizon is purposely holding it back because Verizon wants everyone to switch to iPhones and Android phones.

And then there are folks who resort to name-calling when someone attempts to reason things out without being emotional.  I'll keep my eyes peeled for that action by his AG's office.

mama23dogs
Legend

I Am an android fan, but I feel for the windows fans.   And Blackberry fans too.   Verizon, as a business, sticks to what sells, and windows and blackberry aren't selling enough.  I think the manufacturer makes them order a minimum because they almost always are adding carrier software.

Visiting other forums is a great way to put things into perspective.   The carriers don't really care how long we had service, so they have " angry long time customer" posts on all forums.  I have been back and forth between Verizon and ATT and still post on both forums.