This LG G3 update is ridiculous. I have no mobile data at all.
LGG31992

I updated my LG G3 yesterday morning, and the entire day and even today I have no 4g or 3g mobile data. The only way I can get on the internet on my phone is through wi-fi, but I'm not always around it. Before a Verizon person tells me to download Repair Assistant, it doesn't show up when I plug my phone into my computer no matter what setting I use. And for some reason there's no link to download it online? I don't know. This is stupid and I have stuff I need to get done but I can't sit home all day to check my e-mails and whatnot.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: This LG G3 update is ridiculous. I have no mobile data at all.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LGG31992, we are here to help you get your phone back to normal and I apologize you are going through this experience. Our goal is for you to have a working device and having mobile data is extremely important. What happens when you try and browse the internet? Do you get an error message? Are calls and text Messages working?

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LGG31992

There's just no mobile data at all. As soon as you open up a browser like Chrome, it just says "You are offline" in the browser. It doesn't matter what browser I use and it can't use Facebook or any other apps requiring the internet. I have signal, and I can connect via Wi-fi, but I can't connect to the internet outside of wireless internet. No. Mobile. Data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the clarification, LGG31992. Lets get you up and going again. When you go into your settings and click data usage, what does the mobile data switch say? (on or off) Please try turning the Wi-Fi switch off completely as well. Is the software updated in Settings> System Updates?

We'll get to the bottom of this for you.

MarcusS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Jharrissvt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issues. It only happens in the area I work. Which is a rural area. Worked fine before the update. Well they sent me another G3 and I avoided the update as long as I could but some how it accidently installed it. Back to the same problem again. Getting frustrated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get you back to business! Is this only affecting mobile data? May I have the zip code to the area of concern? How far do you travel before service improves?
YaleK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jharrissvt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes it is only mobile data. 46970 is the area. Worked fine before the update. My tablet works fine in this area too.  I usually have to drive about 15 mins South to get data again. Then any other interruption I'll loose it again.  This is actually my replacement phone.  Last phone had the same issue after the update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jharrissvt - Than you for the additional details. This is very helpful information. I did take a look at your zip code and found no issues to report. When your device was replaced, did we also replace your SIM card?  Please go to Settings>More>Mobile Networks. Please make sure that Data roaming access is set to Allow access for all trips. Tap on System select>Network mode. You should have LTE/CDMA on.
JacobV_VZW

0 Likes
Jharrissvt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not get a new SIM card. I tried changing those settings. It worked got a few notifications and about 10 mins later quit working again. I notice that it was showing 4G with 4 bars but the 4G was grayed out. On the sleep screen it however showed extended network. I checked and mobile data was turned on. However in about phone>network status it showed mobile data disconnected.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We’re definitely committed to resolve this issue for you, Jharrissvt. Getting a new SIM card would be a good next step as you indicate that you did not receive a new SIM card with your replacement phone. SIM cards are free at any corporate Verizon Wireless store. Please see this link and enter your ZIP code to find a corporate store near you: vzw.com/Stores

Make sure to put a check mark on the box: Do not include Authorized Retailers

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes