Screen randomly freezes or becomes overly sensitive
stavin02

I bought the G3 for myself when I switched our family over to verizon. I began to have a few minor issues a month into owning the G3...Force closes and not recognizing my sim card. I went to the verizon store several times and they tried to help, but were not successful. I ended up giving the G3 to my son and getting the Droid Turbo for myself. When I gave my son the G3 I did a factory data rest...several times, and helped him set it up. He has since had a much worse experience with the G3. Random screen freezing or having to tap so many times for it to respond. Then, at times,  it goes to the other extreme and is so sensitive you don't even have to touch it and it will register as a touch. I again did a factory data reset and let him set it up again. Days later, the same thing happens. I tried just clearing the cache partition...no luck. Last night he brought me the phone and the display was going nuts. Icons were blinking, screen was flashing and it would not register a touch. I pulled the battery and let it set. When I restarted the phone it would not register any touches on the screen for a good 5 minutes. When i picked it back up, it was so sensitive that i could scroll through the screens with my finger hovering 1" above the screen. Verizon has been helpful in trying to come up with solutions, just not a successful solution. I am extremely disappointed with LG after owning a nexus five and loving it I expected better from LG. Any other ideas? Can I exchange this phone at a verizon store for another G3? Or will I have to send it to LG?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Screen randomly freezes or becomes overly sensitive
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is right here, front and center stavin02! Let's get your device working properly. Let's start with is there any liquid or physical damage on your G3? Also, how much available device memory do you have? When you did a factory reset, did you test the device before adding your info and apps back to the device memory? As you provide the details then we can assist.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
stavin02

There is no water damage or any physical damage to the phone at all. It has

20.5 gigs of memory available. When I did the reset I did not test it

before setting it up, but I did make sure we did not download any other

apps before checking it out. It did still have the issue with the screen

and it seems to be getting worse.

Steve

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015, 9:41 AM Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for replying Stavin02. I would like to check the device out and see if I can see and issues on this end. Please reply to my private message.

Thanks
JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes