SD Card Continuously Unmounts
vincemango
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since my phone was updated to 4BA, my SD card is unintentionally unmounted and I cannot access my media. I tried formatting the card both on the phone and on my PC. The issue persists. I've also tried another SD card. Same issue. Two days ago, I Went into the Verizon store and told one of the associates about it. He informed me that since I don't have insurance on the phone, there's nothing that can be done about it. That would make sense if the phone was malfunctioning as a result of ME damaging it- i.e. if I dropped the phone on a hard surface or in water- but this issue is from a direct result of a software update... Reading some of the other forums on here and online, it seems I'm not alone in the issue. Has there been a reported solution yet?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: SD Card Continuously Unmounts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am happy to look into this for you. Can you please tell me what is the make and model of your device?

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vincemango
Enthusiast - Level 2

The device is the LG G3.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@vincemango

Thanks for confirming your device model. Let’s take a closer look.

Have you tried inserting the card into another device to ensure the card isn’t corrupt?

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vincemango
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I've tried it in multiple devices. The card works fine. I've also tried putting in new formatted cards as well. Same result. As I said, this started as soon as the firmware was updated to 4BA.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vincemango, we definitely want your device to be in perfect working order. I have reviewed our internal notes and we are not seeing any known issues identified by LG about this concern. Since performing the update, have you attempted a full factory reset of the phone? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-112585/ Let us know what happens after resetting.

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vincemango
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I have tried a full factory reset. Same result. I don't know what to tell you about LG being unable to identify these issues... But what I can tell you is, I'm not alone. There are a couple other threads on this forum and various other third-party forums that report the same issue I'm having with my phone.

woodtimdoit
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issues. I replaced my phone with an identical one from Ebay and had no problems until just a couple days ago. I have had the new phone for about 6 months. The card works in my home computer but not in the phone. I am looking to toss this phone and go with another brand. But it would be much easier to just have the phone download the fix. After all, I like Verizon and this phone.

0 Likes