Rapid charging broken afterafter VS98524B update.
molck
Enthusiast - Level 2

My LG G3 does not rapid charge after thethe VS98524B update. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Rapid charging broken afterafter VS98524B update.
molck
Enthusiast - Level 2

Upon further inspection, charging on a whole is broken. While writing this post, plugged in to the charger that came with the G3, I'm losing battery. 2% battery drain.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Molck,

This is not what we like to read. Getting a software update is suppose to improve the function of your phone. Let's make sure that we get this looked at ASAP. Are you using the orginal charger that came with the device? Do you get any kind of errors when you hook the charger up to the phone? Is there any kind of physical or liquid damage to either the charger or the charging port on the phone? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kingarman

Same problem!! tried multiple batteries and different oem lg g3 charger. no Rapid Charge. its like trickle charge but slightly faster but def not rapid charge. need this fixed asap!! on top of weird battery drainage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kingarman,

That would frustrate me for sure! Does the rapid charge message come up when you plug the phone in? Does any error come up? Have you tried multiple outlets to see if that makes any difference?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kingarman

multiple outlets of course!!! no error messages factory reset with empty gmail as well

0 Likes
molck
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue is occurring with the charger that came with my G3. There isn't what I would call an error message.  I  get the message telling me that my phone would charge faster if I used the charger that came with my phone. Just to confirm, I am using the exact same charger that came with my phone.

roirraWedorehT
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi.  I haven't had this issue, and none of the other users on XDA-Developers.com who've taken the OTA have said anything about this either.

I would create an LG Backup on an external MicroSD card, then do  Factory Reset and try charging and see what happens.

0 Likes
molck
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done so. It fixed one issue, but not the other. I no longer get

the message telling me that the correct charger is not capable of rapid

charging. However, my batter still drains while plugged in to said charger

if my screen is on. This did not happen prior to the update.

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 9:37 AM, roirraWedorehT <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
roirraWedorehT
Enthusiast - Level 1

That sucks! Sorry to hear that didn't really solve it.

0 Likes