Re: Poor cell service constantly dropping calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you very much for reaching out to us today. Reliable service is a must and we are here to help. The last thing we want is for your business to be affected or for you to think about leaving us after all these years. Let's work together to find a resolution to your issues. Are the calls the only service affected? What happens when you try to text or use data and what is the ZIP Code where you are currently experiencing issues with the calls? 

RogelioZ_VZW

0 Likes
Jeffmayer1977

Just switched from AT&T. Paying almost double now. Thought I'd have better service with Verizon. I was very wrong. Truly regretting the switch. Worst service I've ever had. Live around the Albany NY area. Very very upset and this point. 

0 Likes
Aziza728
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having the problem for a couple of months. I left Verizon to save money but came back because of all the dropped calls I was getting. My zip code is 48066. There was a time when a call was dropped I new it was the other users phone but not anymore. 

0 Likes
swabird
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same problem. Thinking of changing service after 25+ years with Verizon.  

0 Likes
Didig1203
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue... AND NO service does not improve outdoors.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that you have a stellar service, Didig1203. Are you able to verify the zip code that you're having trouble in? Also, how far would you need to travel before you pick up better service? 

0 Likes
Bc211

need to travel 1 mile from my house to get stellar service. Last year I had perfect service at my house. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want is to lose you as a customer, swabird. We value your loyalty here with us and I know how frustrating dropped calls can be. Let's get a second opinion on this issue. Are you using Wi-Fi calling? https://www.verizon.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/ This will help with improving your indoor experience. 

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
juliamcevoy01
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same experience here in Richmond, CA. Service was fine until about 2 months ago and now dropped calls have come more and more frequently. Working from home, this has made my work life incredibly difficult. On a personal front, this is the only phone in the home so in an emergency situation, I think these dropped calls put my health and safety at risk. I've been on the phone w a Verizon rep who told me it was that Verizon had shifted to 5G network and so he said he would fedex a 5 G SIM card (would this do anything to fix it?) to me and call the next day to make sure I was connected. He gave me a confirmation number. No sim card ever arrived and he never called back. The dropped calls continue and when I called a customer service rep again, he told me there was no record of the previous call (arent these recorded to ensure proper service?). So here we are, stuck with this service which is really not service at all.  I guess I have no choice but to stop being a client of Verizon??

0 Likes
JayM663

They told my brother that since they're switching to 5G, they're cutting back on 4G.  It's a scam to get you to buy a newer phone to get 5G.

0 Likes