Re: Poor cell service constantly dropping calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you were having issues with calls lking1302. When did this start? Was this indoors or outside?

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
Scout22

This problem of dropped calls has hit 76051 too. Major cross streets are Hall-Johnson & Pool

0 Likes
Malyndarr

I too have this issue .. . Very important phone calls I've missed because it decided to not ring on that call ..  or was on hold and drooled call lost opportunities die to it taking me so long just tosto to someone it's due to it being frustrating and time  consuming I hesitate to call as I'm worried I'll be on hold too long .also cuts up slot while I'm on phone or listening to music on my sound bar .... Last night it started doing funny flickering on the phone as music was cutting in and out seriously thought was a virus as it would only stop when I disconnected it ... Not happy at all ...I've had a few friends say there prepaid Verizon and they have no issues what so ever .   But everyone that has monthly billing I know had some type of. Issue

0 Likes
anacoluthic

This is very interesting.  I, too, have been a customer of Verizon for many, many years (even back to Altel days and before) and we have 5 phones on our account.  And only recently have I had a problem with calls not being made, being dropped, or calls coming in that are not connected.  I tried resetting network settings and the phone itself, per long conversations with Verizon.  I've wondered if it's our original SE phones or older batteries.  We have people in our family on this account in Atlanta (where this has been the situation), and likewise in Greensboro, NC, and in Statesville, NC (28677).  Hey, I'm a fan of Verizon and have always been quick to tell how much I like Verizon, but now I'm having problems staying with y'all.  Please help me to stay!

0 Likes
Bc211

My wife and I are having the same issue. Over the past month we have dropped so many calls, and started receiving intermittent “no service” signals. We both work from home, so this is a critical issue for us. 

We actually have worse service if we go outside of our house. The weather could be 100% clear, and we continue to have issues.

We have both proudly had Verizon since 2001, and we’re extremely disappointed. 

Can someone please help out?

0 Likes
MYTEXAS

Yes others are having similar problems I am in 77478. Several months ago I began dropping call and it is getting worse.  

I have been a loyal customer for decades. I need assistance

0 Likes
pinkridetaxi

I also have used Verizon for over 10 years. I always referred them to others because I never had any drop calls I drive around the city throughout the day that's part of my business in my phone service is very important. now I never get more than one to two bars I called them they try to make excuses and let's troubleshoot etc their service has gone downhill their customer service has gone even worse. I have a phone on simple Mobile that has twice the better service ridiculous and when you call their loyalty to 10-year plus customer is rudeness.

iPay good money for both my phone's to have cellular service, they will blame the phone or construction or anyone except for their own downward fall of service. I don't care what phone I use or construction or anything else if you charge me money I expect full bars and service anddand no rudeness. 

0 Likes
VZWIndiana
Enthusiast - Level 1

Experiencing the same issue throughout Northern Indiana and Southwest Michigan.  Issue started about a year ago and has gotten worse.

Like the original comment, Verizon used to be the best network around and I've bragged about the services to those with other carriers over the years.  But now it's worse.  I don't know what to do or if I'm going to be able to continue with the service.

I've changed sims.  Went through new phones including a newer one in case that was an issue. Ran updates.  Nothing works.  Calls frequently drop in areas where I used to have outstanding service.

I carrry the same make and model cell with a different carrier for work, and it has been much more reliable.

Hoping we can resolve this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VZWIndiana, it certainly is our goal to find a resolution to this as well. I am sending you Private Message. TerranceT_VZW

0 Likes
Kshanderhan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m having the same issue with dropping calls.  My problem became very pronounced about two weeks ago sept 1 , 2020.  I travel for a living mainly in Virginia up and down the I-81 corridor from Roanoke to Winchester and across I-66 to Manassas VA.  I have had very few dropped calls on these stretch’s over the past 5 years.  I have two Verizon phones.  One for work and one personal.  Each phone is on a totally different accounts.  One phone is set up by my company in their name and shipped to me.  I went to the Verizon store and set up a plan for my personal phone.  Both phones started having the dropped call issue simultaneously in the same locations.  The problem does not seem to be as problematic when I’m not in motion.  For instance, stopping at a rest stop for a conference call.  However, even this coverage is not near the quality from my past years Verizon experience.  I need my phone in to work as it has in the past for my lively hood.  I once had sprint in the mid 90s.  The service was horrible.  This current Verizon service is worse.  Whomever did whatever to mess up the quality of Verizon services please know that I have been a very loyal Verizon user.  I have stated countless times that Verizon is the Toyota of the cell phone industry.  I own Toyota’s and I have Verizon cell services because those name are synonymous with quality.  Verizon you are messing with your brand!!!!   Once I switch carriers, I will not switch back.  Please find a way to fix the quality problems or my business, loyalty, and advocation of your product leaves forever.  Fix the issue quickly and all negative objections are forgotten.  I’m going to pick up a track phone today to utilize for a month or so simultaneously with my Verizon phones.  We will see if I can keep customers on the line longer with a cheap track phone.  I’ll keep you posted.  Also, my issue is not isolated.  Many of my peers traveling in locations throughout the US are experiencing similar non Verizon like service.  Thanks for your time and attention to this problem.  Ken

0 Likes