Poor cell service constantly dropping calls
Madmom52
Enthusiast - Level 1

What the heck is happening to Verizon’s cell service!?  I have been a loyal Verizon customer since the first flip brick phones came out and you pulled out the antenna when you answered your phone and my service has been great. I live in N.W. Washington state and over the last 6 months or more my service has gradually gotten horrible! I can even listen to Pandora in my car anymore because the service cuts out 10-20 during a song! I’m constantly getting dropped call and lost signal!  I pay a premium price for my service and I’m very unhappy. I’ve called Verizon, not luck there I went to the Verizon store and still no luck! “What the heck Verizon” get it together! I don’t want a fancy corporate apology I want my old service back!

Labels (1)
Re: Poor cell service constantly dropping calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

madmom52, we certainly want you to have the best possible service. There are always changes that impact our Network, some are controllable, and others may not be. This can include cell-site changes, foliage, construction, population changes, and interference. What ZIP code are you located in? Are you aware of anyone else in the area who is having the same trouble?

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
LostconfidenceinV
Enthusiast - Level 1

Both my wife and I have also had recent and sudden experience of dropped calls on Verizon. Not at work for both of us just at home. Full service bars have dropped to 1 or 2 and that’s when the problem started. Face time over wifi no problem. Wifi through ATT no problem. Just cellular service even with wifi enameling turned on. A scheduled call to service promising no waiting had me waiting 30 minutes until ... yup my called dropped. Several repeats of this and finally got through but unfortunately ended up with a smooooth talker Verizon guybfrom Giorgia that dances and doged and offered me no solution. He was not buying that bars dropped from full to one or two and that had any connection to the problem. I drive and talk on my phone and when I get to a remote area with little service yup dropped calls. I get that. But to drop our service signal from full to 1 or 2 in a big city like Indy. As they offer nothing but garbage and not solutions and I need this service for my work. Our 6 member family plan is going with a non garbage company. Too. As as we have been solid Verizon customers for over 10 years, bought expensive iPhones from them it’s sad that their sense of service has degraded to no service. See ya!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we would want is for you to leave the Verizon Wireless family, LostconfidenceinV. We truly appreciate your many years of loyalty. I rely on my cell service daily. I want to make sure that you can as well. Let's perform some troubleshooting. When did this issue start? Were any changes made to the devices prior to this issue beginning? I would like to review the area as well. Can you please provide the zip code that this is happening in? I know you mentioned calling being the major issue. How are text and data services?

MarshallP_VZW

Tags (1)
shangrube
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good luck getting Verizon to help. I can't even talk or receive calls when I'm at home. A place I have lived for over 2 years. I use to be able to talk anywhere at home, but know its ridiculous!! Every time I call there is "unforeseen circumstance" that they can't or wont fix. "Things change" they say. garbage! Same house, same phone, same towers. It's on their end. I'll be switching when this month is up. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our top priority is to keep you connected. Does your service experience improve while you're outdoors? JoelD_VZW

defins
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. I've had Verizon for years. We are going to have to go buy a house phone again.  Verizon always says the same garbage.  It's the whole town. Everyone is complaining,yet they say they want to troubleshoot my phone or they will put in a ticket,etc.  It's 2020 I live in a suburb of a major US city and can't get friggin cell service!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, thanks for your years of loyalty to the company, we appreciate your business. The last thing we want is for you to have a negative impression of us. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority. When did the problem start? What recent changes have you made? You mentioned you do not get cell service, what exactly happens when you try to use the phone?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
Craigd86
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am dealing with the same. I have WiFi cell service turned off yet it keeps attempting to switch to WiFi and it drops the call. A phone interview yesterday I dropped the call several times and again today. Previously had sprint and never an issue here at home or anywhere else. Regretting the switch 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of staying connected especially while pursuing a job.  Is this primarily happening indoors? What model is your phone? May I have the name of your city and the nearest intersection? YaleK_VZW