Phone is stuck off and nothing seems to work... tried removing battery and charging, neither work what do i do?
ravensfrench

So my lg g4 abruptly powered off at around 45%. I tried to turn it back on but it would stay stuck on the LG screen, constantly resetting. I tried to charge it, and it worked for about 5 minutes then it tried to power itself on again and then shut off. Now it wont charge at all or turn on. I tried removing the battery and cleaning off the metal prongs but nothing seems to work. what do i do?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Phone is stuck off and nothing seems to work... tried removing battery and charging, neither work what do i do?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hopefully your info was backed up.  Is the phone less than a year old?  It may be replaceable under the manufacturer's warranty.  Otherwise, insurance may cover, if you have that.  If the phone is more than a year old and you do not have it insured, then you need to start looking for a replacement device (eBay, swappa, friends, or just buy a new phone, but that's pricey and may not be a viable option for you.)

0 Likes
Re: Phone is stuck off and nothing seems to work... tried removing battery and charging, neither work what do i do?
BradB82
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a well-known, huge problem for these phones. So bad that LG has admitted that their manufacturing process is screwed up. The motherboard was assembled improperly, either sloppy application of flux on the PCB or a cold solder joint (cold joints don't conduct). There is no permanent fix (other than sending into LG), only temporary ones that are out THERE and those are for data recovery only. Many work, but for a very short period of time.  My  G4 died yesterday, 81 days after I got it. Lost pictures of my newborn daughter because of that. I'm fuming as I dropped almost $400 on the phone itself along with accessories, only to have it drop dead in less than three months. Especially after I see Verizon hasn't recalled the phone and has doubled down by offering it on discount and is replacing defective phones with phones that have lower serial numbers and are just as defective as the last phone.

Anyone with a G4 and the serial range is between "504" (mine is 505) and "508" then it WILL go into an infinite bootloop.  It's not "if" but "when" as these bootloop issues have become frequent. My advice, anyone with this phone had better back up everything since once this happens, kiss your data goodbye. Again, there are several temporary solutions to get the phone to boot in order to pull data off it (sometimes works for a few hrs, half hour, or an entire day). Message me if you want some info about data recovery.  The phone is a wash and if you aren't under warranty then you're [Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] (LG will fix it....as long as your phone is in like new condition, since a dent will trigger this problem....not really).

0 Likes