New Update Needs to Be Fixed, ASAP
graham_ashley
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since I updated, my phone will sit on a table and drain anywhere from 10-20% an hour. I have force stopped the apps, cleared all background processes, and my boyfriend is having the same problem only since the update, so it's not just me. Is this some sick way of Verizon forcing me to upgrade? I can't rely on my phone staying charged even when it's not being used from the time it's fully charged to the time it dies. All I can imagine is leaving my house and having a worthless brick for a phone if I need to use it for anything. Absolutely ridiculous. Every update has made my phone worse and worse, and I can't opt out. I don't want your "extra security" and faster screen start-up (which is quite the contrary, actually), I want the phone I paid $700 for less than a year ago to function the way it should. I have not changed ANYTHING from before the update, this is happening over a Wi-Fi connection and without one. I do not use my phone for anything but Google, Message+, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram. Period. It will randomly kick me off of a stable connection. I will put my phone down with all apps stopped and the screen locked, face up, and the battery is constantly draining. Please don't respond to this asking me blithe questions about if I've tried this or that, or if I've changed ANYTHING recently. I assure you I haven't, this is 100% from the update last week. I have tried all "solutions" I have seen posted on here and other websites. In the battery settings, it states that the thing draining most of the life is the screen and I keep it on 10% brightness or auto. Please fix this, anything less is unacceptable. FYI, my battery drained from 23% to 4% just in the five minutes it took to type this, and this is the only thing running on my phone.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Update Needs to Be Fixed, ASAP
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s stop these problems in their tracks drdr140. After you performed the Factory Reset to wipe the phone, how quickly did you install your applications and restore your information? How often does it freeze?

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

graham.ashley

I know how important it is to have a phone with a long lasting battery. We want to ensure we get this addressed for you. You mentioned you have tried several troubleshooting steps. To avoid rehashing the same things, please share with us what you have already tried on the phone.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Limozine

I am having the same issue. Since a couple of weeks ago I've noticed my LG G3 also drains 20-30% an hour with no usage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Limozine,

We know having an excellent battery time is vital for device usage. Lets get this fixed. Have you updated an application or installed a new one since the issue started? Have you recently updated your device software?

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
only2complain

I really hope these customer support responses are computer generated. I can't imagine having a job that is providing no actual solutions beyond the equivalent of "did you try turning the computer off and back on," just to avoid acknowledging Verizon is 100% aware the update did this to everyone's phone.

0 Likes
drdr140

I am having problems as well This phone has been the best smartphone I have every had. No freezes. no static no dropped calls. Now even after doing a hard reset after the update I have had to restart the phone 3 times in the past 3 days. Hiccups and freezes galore. Verizon needs to fix this asap!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s stop these problems in their tracks drdr140. After you performed the Factory Reset to wipe the phone, how quickly did you install your applications and restore your information? How often does it freeze?

StevenM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ptibbits
Enthusiast - Level 2

this is truly astounding. why is it so hard to figure out a fix to this bug? i don't for one second believe that everybody posting about this issue has done some particular thing that would have caused this _other_ than the software update. that's it; that's the problem. is it that hard to understand? and none of the recommended solutions -- factory reset, safe mode, etc. -- do anything to alleviate the issue.

rather than forcing everyone through those steps (which i have unfortunately done to no avail), why not actual figure out a real solution?

0 Likes