Moving apps to SD card with Android 10
garfy2008

I just recently upgraded to an LG Stylo 6 which is running Android 10 from my old Stylo 2V which had Android 7. On my old Stylo, I could move apps from internal memory to the SD card, but I don't see any option to do that on any of my apps in the Stylo 6. Has this feature been removed from Android 10? Thank you for any assistance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moving apps to SD card with Android 10
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

https://thedroidguy.com/how-to-move-apps-to-sd-card-1094574

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
garfy2008

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I saw this procedure elsewhere but didn't want to do this for the specific reasons that: a) I wanted to maintain the SD card as a separate entity because I didn't want critical system files on it since not knowing whether the OS would fill the internal memory first before putting anything on the SD card is  scary as IF it did and something went wrong with my SD card, it could render my phone useless, b) I wanted to be able to more easily transfer stuff/organize folders from the SD rather than having only "internal memory" storage to access, not knowing whether I'm accessing my real internal memory or the "extended" one if it was displayed all as "internal memory".

So to make a long story short, there really is no way to "move" the apps that were previously moveable in Android 7 in the same way in Android 10, correct? I wanted to know if this function in 7 was available or not available in 10 so that my family members who want to upgrade their phone will pick one with with 64Gb instead of 32Gb of internal memory since there's only about a $60 difference in price between the two. Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello garfy2008,

It's important to manage your apps and your phone storage. I came across this link on our website: http://spr.ly/6603GSVH1 Please click that link and follow the steps, and let us know how that goes for you. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Google changed how the Android OS interacts with the SD card since Android 7. The manufacturer is responsible for choosing how to read the SD card. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for helping with the concern of a fellow community member, Ann154. That was a great answer to provide to garfy2008. However, do you need any additional assistance garfy2008? If so, provide a brief a description of the additional assistance you need help with.  

Thanks,

EdwinW@VZWSupport

0 Likes