Mobile Data Not Working On My LG
Salvo221

Had switched to an LG K20 V phone about, say, a year ago.  Everything worked fine, no problems.

At some point during the holidays (say like two weeks or so now), my mobile data decided to stop working.  Can't text message, can't e-mail, can't go online, can't use the Google GPS, can't do anything unless I'm connected to a Wifi.  As soon as I turn off Wifi or leave to take a drive, nothing will work.  At the corner of my screen there's 3G with active bars next to it, and yet my mobile data isn't working.

Tried all the basics: turn off phone and turn it back on, turn off phone and take the SIM card out and then put it back in and turn it on, turn on and off airplane mode, and finally I gave in and did a factory reset.  Nothing has been working and I'm getting pretty annoyed at this point.

The only thing that I think may, perhaps, be an issue is that the SIM has 4G on it and yet it says connected to 3G on the top.  Don't know if that means anything but a quick glance around leads me to believe that it shouldn't really matter.  Could be wrong.

Just looking for some kind of advice at this point.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Data Not Working On My LG
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Salvo221, I would be very concerned as well if this was going on with my cell phone service. It sounds like you've done all the proper steps to try to fix this issue on your own. My advice at this point is to be able to take the device to the local corporate store to get a new SIM Card for the phone. You can always locate the nearest corporate store by following this link http://bit.ly/3SdsA KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
Salvo221

That's what I was afraid of.  I read beforehand but want to double check that SIM card replacements are in fact free, correct?  Do I need to bring anything to the store to prove my Verizon membership and qualify for a replacement?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Salvo221

It's always good to have the right expectations when you are going to visit a store. As for getting a free SIM replacement, those are free from corporate stores; authorized retailers will charge for SIM cards. As for your proving that you are a Verizon Wireless customer, that is as easy as signing into the store kiosk when you arrive, so that the reps know you are there and what for. Just make sure the phone gets checked out with the new SIM card while you are at the store, but does that help with what you wanted to know?

RussellM_VZW

0 Likes
Salvo221

It helped but it did not become the fix I was hoping for.  Went to the store, got the SIM card replaced, but my phone still wasn't using its mobile data.  The employee attempted a number of other fixes but nothing proved to work.  In the end, due to my phone passing the warranty date, it was suggested that I get a new phone.  I've resigned myself to deal with it for now as I'm currently in a situation that requires time and money to be devoted to it rather than for a phone.

0 Likes
Bill125

Did you check to ensure mobile data is set to on within Data Usage in Settings?

0 Likes