Micro SD card storage...can't move apps....insufficient storage message
doug2166
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently upgraded to Android Marshmallow and ever since I cannot move Apps to my SD Card.  I have a 16 GB SD Card, was able to move a few apps, then was given the message of ""Not Enough Storage Space".  My SD card is showing 411 MB used of 14.92 GB.  When transferring with Lollipop, I was able to move Apps freely to the SD card, as long as it had space.  But by the numbers I show above, I should have plenty of space

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Micro SD card storage...can't move apps....insufficient storage message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

doug2166 - It is imperative to have the ability to move your applications to your SD card. Let's make this happen. Are you moving the applications one at a time? If your SD shows you have 14.92 GB available moving them should not be a problem.
JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
doug2166
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am moving them one at a time.  the first few worked fine, then got the message of "Not enough Storage Space"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

doug2166,

We will get to the bottom of this SD card issue. Have you tried to remove your SD card from your device for a minute or so, and then reinsert it again? This may help. Make sure your device is completely powered off when you do this.

JuanD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DrHitch

There are several other posts on this forum with similar problems.

When an app gets updated, sometimes it jumps back to internal memory even if the app was moved to the SC card.

1) If I move an app to the SD card, why doesn't it get updated ON THE CARD, and stay there?

2) Some apps can't be move to the SD card when first installed, why?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know this can be pretty inconvenient, not to be able to update apps on the SD Card, and not being able to move apps to the card as well, DrHitch. Especially when we need the memory/storage on our phones.

With apps on in the play store, sometimes, they're not designed to update on SD cards, or even not designed to be on SD cards. It may not have anything to do with the phone or SD card. It can just be the app, itself. Have you tried reaching out to the developer of the apps that do this? Does this only happen with certain apps?

VanessaS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes