Marshmallow update caused screen lock to freeze
wbasenjiw

I keep having issues with my phone not allowing me to unlock it at random times since i updated to Android 6.0 last month. The only thing the phone responds to during these episodes is the emergency dial function. However, the pattern unlock dots do not even appear and i cannot switch in the bottom left corner from owner to guest modes.

I have cleared my phone cache via the special boot function. I have not reset my phone. Are others having this problem since the update? Is anything known to resolve this issue?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Marshmallow update caused screen lock to freeze
JoeMikeKnight
Contributor - Level 1

I have a similar issue. I posted a possible temporary fix on the post on this forum titled "System UI" Issues. That system process appears to have been corrupted by Verizon's tinkering on the latest update.

0 Likes
wbasenjiw

I had outlook installed on my phone before and through the update, which

has specific security requirements and administrative control for the

screen lock for my work email account. After uninstalling outlook, I have

not noticed any freezing of the lock screen and it has been a week since i

uninstalled it. I think this may have been the issue.

I have not yet tried reinstalling outlook to see if the problem occurs

again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wbasenjiw,
JoeMikeKnight,

Making sure your phone works like a well oiled machine is our number one goal. Software updates are supposed to enhance the phone, not cause issues. What make & model phone do you have? Is your phone not letting you unlock it all the time? When do you see that this happens more often. Is it when it goes into a “sleep” mode? Is everything else on the phone working as it should?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JoeMikeKnight
Contributor - Level 1

LG G3 (VS985). It happens often and randomly. Mostly everything works however it displays certain menus completely transparent. For example when i pull down my notification bar, the phone acts as if nothing is pulled down. But i can press on certain notification or system options (like the gear for example) and the corresponding apps and options will load. And if I happen to lock the phone while this happens it will either show a static notification bar at the top with a black screen or a completely black screen. I either have to wait unti "System UI" fails or navigate (using a lot of tricky because of said "invisible" options) to find "System UI" process and force "stop it which it will automatically restart "System UI". After this my phone will work as normal for a while.

0 Likes