Marshmallow 6 update bugs
sbso

Ever since I received the marshmallow update,  I can't install or update apps on wifi.  If I turn on mobile data,  updates and installs are ok but if I turn off data,  I can't install or update on wifi.  I tried clearing cache,  removing and and installing gmail account,  resetting phone,  and creating a new google account.

I have tried on 4 different G4 phones also.  Before the marshmallow update,  I was able to turn off mobile data and restrict background data and still be able to update and install apps from the Play store but now I am not.  I have received 4 replacement G4's and they all exhibit this same problem.

I can browse the web but can't download anything large ( > 3MB ).

Does anyone else have this issue?  If so,  how did you fix it?  I am unable to go back to Lolipop and I am hoping that the replacement phone that Verizon sends me doesn't have Marshmallow.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Marshmallow 6 update bugs
hoffmany

I had the same problem. The VZW store did a Factory reset that fixed it. But today I can't save a pic from a message. "SD card unavailable." Can't wait for marshmallow 6.0.1.

0 Likes
cronraptor
Enthusiast - Level 3

Settings > Data Usage > menu (three dots) > uncheck "Restrict background data"

Haven't tried a factory reset.  Since I don't restrict background data, losing stuff with a factory reset isn't acceptable.

0 Likes
Speedy1gon
Enthusiast - Level 3

hi im new at this but for more information try lg web site i found answers there

you can email call them or live chat

here there Phone by calling 800-793-8896.

or try this LG Email | LG U.S.A

0 Likes