Lgg3 not connecting to wifi after marshmallow upgrade... still having issues!!!
colleend01

I have an LGG3, and it upgraded to Marshmallow.  I immediately started having issues with staying connected to wifi.  (Every 15 seconds to a minute it would connect/disconnect)  I called Verizon and they went thru and had me do a soft reboot on phone.  Had me reset phone back.  Nothing worked.  They sent me a replacement phone, and it was fine until it did the updated as well.  I contacted LG, and they said to send my phone back, they'd fix my phone and send it back to me.  I got my phone back, and it wasn't my phone (as I had recorded the IMEI number before I sent it in.)  When I called them on it, they said they repair a phone, and send another one back to the consumer.  (Which wasn't what I was told in the beginning.)  When I got this phone and started it up, it already had the marshmallow in it, and low and behold I'm having the same issue.  (In the beginning, I also contacted my internet provider, they pinged my router and it is fine, as no one else is having problems with their phones either in my home.)  Everyone is pointing their fingers at everyone else, saying it's not our issue, but, here I am stuck with a phone that won't stay connected to the wifi.  I'm getting really frustrated, because there is no fix, and no none is willing to help me fix the issue on my phone.  My family and I share data, and I love to play music, and I'm always having to watch my data to make sure we're not going over because of this issue.  Like I said, I've done everything that has been asked of me.  I've researched the internet looking for a fix, and there seems to be nothing.  What can be done to fix this issue?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Lgg3 not connecting to wifi after marshmallow upgrade... still having issues!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wowsers, we are so sorry that you’ve gone through all of this, coleend01. Backing up and restoring on numerous devices is not ideal. As we see surely a lot has been tried, and I’m sure we’ll touch upon some questions that have already been asked, so bear with us.
Let’s talk Bluetooth and wifi. Is the wifi its old reliable self when you have Bluetooth off while connected to wifi? Have other wifi networks been tried other than yours?

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Lgg3 not connecting to wifi after marshmallow upgrade... still having issues!!!
colleend01

We had tried the first device on other networks, and it was doing the same thing. (With blue tooth off) we called lg again, they connected us with Google. Google puts out a generic upgrade, and sends it to the appropriate phone companies. They (Google) were asking me to go here and there on my phone. These functions have been missing since day one... (The Google rep had my same phone, and his functions were there) because they send generic upgrades then lg modified it, and messed it up. I was transferred back to lg developer department. They didn't know what was going on, and escalated it to a higher person, who is supposed to be calling me 25 minutes ago... Of course, they haven't called. So, at this point, still finger pointing, but, feel as though I am getting closer to resolution. Basically at this point, if hard reboot doesn't work, then it's something in the upgrade. Still trying to get this worked out, and will update as I get resolution. Been 3 weeks and 3 phones later... And still fighting to find an answer.

0 Likes
colleend01

Oh, I also booted it in safe mode, and it still happened.

0 Likes
AzulJoel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue with the WiFi at my work. When I first get in to work, I get a message that says the password was not accepted. I re-enter the password and it connects, but I get the wifi symbol with the exclamation. Within 20 minutes, it disconnects, and I get the same error of password not accepted. I have already done a factory reset. No one else at my work is having this issue.

0 Likes
AzulJoel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I read through earlier suggestion and turned off my bluetooth, and that seems to have fixed it.

0 Likes
colleend01

[GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems-2013-10-24.jpg

[GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems-2013-10-24-2-.jpg

These functions are missing on my phone.  I cannot access them.  I have been missing other functions, but, this function is missing on my phone.  I'd assume it might help with the wifi, but, I cannot get to it to try this "fix" out.  Why?  How do I get it on my phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Colleend01-

I depend on my WIFI so I know this situation must be frustrating. Let's gather more details to ensure we provide the best resolution. Are you experiencing the same issue with other WIFI networks? Please try to Forget the network by selecting Settings>WIFI>tap WIFI network name (SSID)>Forget and re-establish the WIFI connection and restest. It is imperative that your internet router has its firmware version up to date, please reach out to your internet provider to make sure the router does not need a new software update.

CarmenTT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AzulJoel, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue. Which make/model phone do you have? When did this issue start? Have you tried choosing the option to forget that Wi-Fi connection in Settings and then re-add it back to your line?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MTBluesman

Similar wifi won't connect problems (while I have the wifi icon saying "no problem") with one of two identical LGG3 phones that were purchased and set up on the same day a year ago. Have tried all suggested (other chat communities) fixes short of factory data reset. Had to get a micro sim card last night to backup to the card and getting ready to try it. To the Verizon moderators: it appears that you have never heard of these issues by your responses which seems so unlikely considering all the posts that I have read both here and elsewhere. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, this is a marshmallow update-caused problem, I had our phones toggled to NOT automatically update, and they updated anyway. You (your infrastructure) caused my problems as well as countless others. This thread is 6 days old and the fix should have been provided by now.

0 Likes