Re: Lg g4 marshmallow issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello JAG84!

Please allow me to clarify this for you. The screen of the device goes dark if  you're in a dark room? You can go into the settings then display and you can adjust the screen brightness. By any chance do  you have a screen protector on your device?

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JAG84
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, that is completely incorrect. I know how to adjust the screen brightness and had nothing to do with the issue at hand. Since the marshmallow update, my phone has been screwed up and the screen does not wake when I always want it to. Most of the time when it doesn't wake, is when it is low light or none at all. During the day it doesn't happen as much, but still does. I have to plug my phone in or remove the battery to restart it to have anything visible.

Yes I have a screen saver. But I didn't have any issues with it prior to the marshmallow update.

0 Likes
mjmoxie
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far, I'm not finding any correlation in the screen not waking up in more light vs less light. Sometimes it happens more in the morning, sometimes more night. I've done the reset, tried it in safe mode and the calibration. Is there some kind of software update fix for this? It clearly happened after the marshmallow update. Its been extremely frustrating to have to take the battery out multiple times a day just to check a text message.

0 Likes
Speedy1gon
Enthusiast - Level 3

hi with all due respect im going to get rid of my lg g4swait for lg g5 i got( 2 lg g4 )

im tired of faulting update 6.0 marshmallow to my phones i got new problem

in both of my phones that wont save to my sd micro cards they take fine picslike over nite useless to share

like it never were saved this by far most disappointment now ive cant save memory's or retrieve them i have all photos previous to update ok but after update all of them are images gone for ever

0 Likes
Speedy1gon
Enthusiast - Level 3

ok i went on lg support site an email them on my problem they seem to have answers at least on my problems

i ask them on my cell fallen asleep an wouldn't wake up unless i plug in charger cable or pull battery

they said in email to me to

As for the issue regarding the power, I’m afraid we may have to perform a complete Factory Reset on the device. This especially helps if the issue is caused by software glitches. Before doing this though, please make sure that a backup of all your data (you may use any backup method or application of your choice) has been created already as the factory reset will erase all user information and data that is stored in your phone’s memory and will restore original factory settings. Once ready to reset, just go to your Phone Settings. Navigate to Backup and Reset and then select Factory Data Reset. this work for me

also i had problem with saving my photos here what they said

1. From the home screen, tap the Apps key and select Settings (gear wheel icon).

2. Within Settings, locate and select Apps/Application Manager.

3. Swipe the screen left/right until you reach the All tab.

4. From the list of apps, locate and select Gallery.

5. On the next screen, tap the Clear Cache button.

also if you have question to call lg

Phone by calling 800-793-8896. Smiley Happy

0 Likes