Lg g4 marshmallow issues
Skc78

I'm having issues waking the screen (most of the time), neither tapping the screen or the back button work. Only solution is to plug in the charger or remove the battery. Also, the camera takes really grainy pictures now. Can this be fixed?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Lg g4 marshmallow issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to hear the phone is not waking up after the most recent update and camera issues, Skc78. Let’s bring your phone back to life again. How often would you say this happens in a day with the phone not waking up? Does this happen 100% of the time with the camera too? Please share details about both issues and any troubleshooting you have already taken so we can determine the best way to proceed with fixing it.

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JAG84
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm also having the same issues with the screen not waking. My camera works fine, but I can't wake the screen without taking out the battery. It happens a few times a day since updating. Pretty frustrating. I'll knock, press the power, hold the power, and try to use the camera button but it doesn't work. Sometimes if I leave the phone alone for a bit it will allow me to access the phone.

0 Likes
mjmoxie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue! My screen won't turn on unless I plug it in or take battery out. Happens sporadically throughout the day..probably 40-50% of the time I try to turn the screen on.

0 Likes
Speedy1gon
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm also having this issue cell fallen asleep with only charger hook up to restarting it now I tried factory reset to no avail also tried to reset proximity sensor to reset wit some advice from other in community I getting to my patience end with this B. S. I'm going crazy with my lg g4 it was a great cell phone best b4 update 6.0 marshmallow

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure you can wake you phone from a dormant state is important Speedy1gon. Lets figure out what is going on. Thank you for the steps you have already taken to resolve this issue. So I can better understand what is happening I have some questions. When speicifically did this start happening? Are all applications updated? Any accessories on the device?

JosephE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Speedy1gon
Enthusiast - Level 3

First of all my lg g4 was running great love my cell until the big update 6.0 marshmallow it ran fine after update but after charging it an I went to work I tried to male call it would not (wake up)so I unplug battery a reinstalled it it booted fine I male my calls a send text on it went thru apps updates fine later n day it did it again soon it was a regular event of it not wakeing up so I tried removeing Sims an sd micro card an factory reset reinstall back up apps then same thing next moring so I read to reset proximity sensor I did.. not a fix for me just makes me mad what a waste of my time in this case now I wait for a patch or something

0 Likes
mjmoxie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will there be some kind of fix with the Marshmallow update? I did the factory reset and my phone is still doing the same thing...with the screen not turning on.

0 Likes
Speedy1gon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi in comunity forum they take bout fix with resetting proximity sensor they are at best a "maybe fix" there an app that resets it an in web page xda forum under verizon lg g4 resetting proximity sensor good luck none work with my cell lg g4 it still falls asleep with no waking it without charger install

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Speedy1gon,

Updates are meant to enhance the functionality of your phone's features not cause them to stop working for you. To ensure that we're checking into everything, can you tell us if this happens even when the device is connected to a charging source? Also, does this happen with safe mode enabled http://vz.to/1Qrp2lw ?

ShawnteJJ_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes