Re: LG v60 Dropping Calls and Muting
Doc_Strange82
Enthusiast - Level 2

None of the previous posts in here worked, so I'll tell you what I did.

I had just switched from T-mobile, and the data transfer, transferred T-Mobile apps. All of them. I uninstalled all of those, updated all apps, then uninstalled a bunch of things I didn't end up using like Dead By Daylight Mobile, and a few other apps. I pretty much cleared out all the things I don't generally use. 

One of those apps, likely the other carrier's apps, must have been causing the problem, because it's stopped completely since then. 

I also suggest a the network reset and making sure everything else, especially google services, to be updated - however mine was and the network reset did nothing and really wouldn't anyways.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your patience Tdgeer1203 we are busier than usual, with the health crisis going on. What ZIP code are you in? Is this only happening in your home area?

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Doc_Strange82, we want to make sure you have a prompt resolution for the issues you are experiencing. If the device is malfunctioning we can make sure we have the device replaced after troubleshooting is complete. Please share with have you completed all of the troubleshooting? Also, confirm for me if the device has been in contact with any type of moisture or damage?

RodneyM_VZW

0 Likes
Newlgv60user
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got this phone on Friday.  Today, Monday, it has dropped three business calls all at 54 minutes and 1 second.  One was on speaker, the last two I was on Bluetooth headset.  I think it is odd that all three were cut off after the same length of time on the calls.  

Chrissy8520
Enthusiast - Level 1

Its been happening on my lg stylo phone regardless if I'm on speaker or not. Even if I have ear buds with mic. Every so often it happens. And I have full service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Newlgv60user, experiencing dropped calls on a new phone is very alarming. I will be more than happy to assist. Please share with me what city and cross streets are you having this issue? Also, confirm for me do you have these issues indoors or outdoors?

RodneyM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please check to make sure the device is running the most recent update, click here for instructions: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/lg-stylo-5-update/.   CassieG_VZW

0 Likes
Jpisco20
Enthusiast - Level 1
Im having the same issue. They replaced my first phone and now my second one is doing it. It is EXTREMELY frustrating. I hate this phone and should have went with my gut to buy the Samsung S10 instead. A Verizon employee told me LG pays them better commissions than Samsungs so it makes sense that the salesman sold me this garbage rather than the more expensive S10. Verizon wont let me switch phones, and its too late to return it. I spent $900 in cash and another $200 on an insurance claim to replace it. Furious is an understatement. Do NOT let the dual case fool you into buying this phone. Mine broke and they cant replace it so I dont even have that anymore. Buy the S10!!! Trust me
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know that I also wouldn't be happy if this was happening with my new phone, Jpisco20. Especially if this issue was still occurring after a warranty replacement. It's certainly not our intention to have our customers feeling buyers remorse. You mentioned that you're having the same trouble. When this happens does the call disconnect, or does the audio just stop working? What happens if you check for a software update? The reason that I ask is that LG has stated that this issue was addressed in a recent software update that became available on 7/01.  JosephE_VZW

0 Likes
emveetu

Hi there. So, I have an LG V30+. I just finished paying off the 24-month installments and own the phone free and clear.

However, for the last month-and-a-half, it has been dropping calls in the middle of calls (business calls too) at least twice a day. Also, all of a sudden in the middle of a phone call, nobody can hear me; I'm muted. It doesn't matter if I'm on speaker,  on a wired headset, or a Bluetooth headset. Doesn't matter if I switch between speaker, the handset, or headphones. Once I've been ghost-muted (term seems fitting), I have to disconnect and reconnect the call for anybody to be able to hear me.

I wonder if instead of just a V60 issue (or just a V30+ issue), this is an issue with the way any LG-Vx0 connects and communicates with the Verizon network. I would imagine all Vx0's  use the same network protocols; maybe therein lies the issue. Perhaps a change was made on either the LG side or the Verizon side that has caused specifically the LG-Vx0 series phones to have issues with dropped calls and ghost-muting.

I've done some research and it does look like there are a lot of people with  LG v30s who had one issue or the other. This thread is the only place I have found another person who is having both dropped calls and muting issues, both happening in the middle of a calls.

Where I live, Verizon is the local service provider and therefore has the best coverage so I don't want to change providers. I don't want to buy a new phone in case it's a system-wide issue for Verizon and not limited to LG's.

Oh the humanity.

0 Likes