LG V30 exchange using battery
Jkelly05
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just purchased an LG V30 3 days ago. I have an outlook email address and if I use it to synch contacts, email, calendar dates, etc.. I continuously receive a push notification from the OS saying "exchange is using battery". I have tried disabling and automatic synchronization and have even reset the phone. When I use it through the gmail app there is no problem. However I need my outlook address to synch with my phone for calendar dates etc. Any help?

Labels (2)
Re: LG V30 exchange using battery
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want you to get unnecessary alerts on your phone. We are here to help. At this time that issue has been alerted to us as a known issue with the Oreo OS on your phone. 

LG is addressing the problem in the next update for your phone. At this time there is not an estimated date when it will be released. 

You can shut off the notifications on the phone by following these steps: 

You can disable this notification by long-pressing the notification and turning off the toggle switch. You can also enable this notification again by going into Settings > Apps & Notifications > App info > Menu (upper right) > Show system > Android System > App notifications > Apps consuming battery.

StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sdbranum

It is now 4/14/2019. Are you STILL "looking into it"? If not, then why not? If so, then WHEN will you have this annnoying problem fixed?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for contacting us again. It's worrying to see that you're still receiving a notification informing you that "Exchange is Using Battery" on your LG V30. We will be glad to assist you especially because you started experiencing this issue since May 2018. Please tell us, is the software on your device up to date? Are your apps up to date? Were you able to shut off the notifications associated with this app through the process previously provided?

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes