LG G7 Thinq not downloading apps
Mouse3

My LG G7 Thin has stopped downloading apps and app updates.  I tried everything that Verizon has suggested on their website.  Clear data and cache.  Restarting the phone and resetting the settings in safe mode.  No luck.  Anyone else having this problem?  How so, how did you fix it? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G7 Thinq not downloading apps
Doug366

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mouse3, having a phone that won't download apps or update apps is a pain we don't want you to have. Don't worry. I am confident that we will have you downloading apps and updating your apps in a flash. What happens when you try to download an app? Are you able to open the Google Play Store app?   

JacobG_VZW

0 Likes
DaiseyMaeRN
  • Yes for Play store.  When I  hit the Chase App it just circles.  😞
  • It won't allow me to "update.  I tried online suggestions.
  • Thank you, Kathleen
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DaisyMaeRN, it sounds like you have been working hard to get to the bottom of this. As this is not a known issue with your device, we will want to keep digging to determine what is happening. When attempting to search a website, are you able to do so with success? When going to the Settings, is Wi-Fi on or off? In the Settings, Storage, Storage internal, what do you currently see? LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ozzmosis

I am having the same issue. I can access the play store as normal. I find an app I want to install, tap to install, just says waiting on download. It does this even while connected to working wifi, closed all other open apps. There is also no notification on my lg v60 to say there is a background download in process. Has there been a fix for this issue yet?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ozzmosis, the entire point of having a smartphone is to be able to download apps. We're sorry that you're not able to do that. With researching our internal resources, LG has not let us know that this is a known issue. Not to worry, we'll keep at this. The troubleshooting that you have done on your own is appreciated. Do you have the most updated software on your G7? To check, please go to Settings >> System Updates >> Check for new updates. While we troubleshoot, please make sure your Wi-Fi is turned off. Are you able to use data when Wi-Fi is turned off? AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
SteveNelson5280

Mine is doing the same. Started with my email not recognizing Comcast. Verizon rep said to delete email ap and reinstall.    When I try to reinstall, it’s just sits there with the circle and says “pending”.   I’ve restarted the phone, other tablets and phones are ok, internet is up. All seems to work as usual, just no email and can’t download apps.  Latest updates are installed.    Model LM-G710VM.   Rev 1.0.  Android version 9. Software version G710VM21b

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry to read that you are having trouble downloading apps on your phone and we want to help. What email service do you use? Do you have issues downloading other apps as well? 

0 Likes
jat2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm now having this issue. I can access the play store but I can't install or even update my apps. I've cleared the cache and data and restarted my phone and it still doesn't work. It just circles saying "Pending" and won't move forward. Is there anything to do for this because it's a huge problem.

0 Likes