LG G5 RS988 Compatible on Verizon now?
vladdrac

Can someone please tell me if the LG G5 RS988 (the North American version) is now compatible on Verizon's network (both the prepaid and regular Verizon service)? It looks like it has the necessary bands but I've heard that Verizon only accepts approved phones for their network. This phone is perfect for my budget and it just released last year so it's a steal for the price.

Thanks for your time.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G5 RS988 Compatible on Verizon now?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The specs indicate it should be good to go. However I would suggest using a previously activated SIM card just in case to get the phone activated on the network. LG G5™ Smartphone - Unlocked Silver (RS988) | LG USA

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The specs indicate it should be good to go. However I would suggest using a previously activated SIM card just in case to get the phone activated on the network. LG G5™ Smartphone - Unlocked Silver (RS988) | LG USA

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

It is compatible with the Verizon voice & data networks. It may not activate using normal procedures due to not being tested/approved by Verizon, but can be used by moving an active SIM card with your number from a current active/approved device into the RS988.

While compatible for calls, text & data due, to limited carrier support additional options may not function like Verizon apps, hotspot, international roaming etc