LG G4 won't wirelessly charge??
MrAceXPS2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just received my G4 today.  I have two wireless charging pads, one is an old Nokia pad and the other is a Samsung pad for my Galaxy S6 Edge.

The LG G4 won't wirelessly charge on either charging pad.

Is there a different kind of charger I need or is this phone defective?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G4 won't wirelessly charge??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MrAceXPS2,

Thanks for checking in with us. The G4 is capable of wireless charging, but the back cover that comes with the device in the box is not designed for wireless charging. You can buy any one of the wireless charging G4 covers and that will enable this in the phone. Sorry for any confusion. Here's a link to one such accessory. http://vz.to/1GY5xxJ

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MrAceXPS2,

Thanks for checking in with us. The G4 is capable of wireless charging, but the back cover that comes with the device in the box is not designed for wireless charging. You can buy any one of the wireless charging G4 covers and that will enable this in the phone. Sorry for any confusion. Here's a link to one such accessory. http://vz.to/1GY5xxJ

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It will, but you have to have a compatible rear cover as the leather one do not work i believe.  Leather might be too thick to make the connection with the charging pad.

0 Likes
PENNANTFEVER
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is insane! This is a flagship phone in 2015 and it will cost me $59 to by a new back (case) and another $59 to buy the charging cradle? So I can charge wireless?. Please tell me Verizon that I am wrong.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Leather is a bit thick for wireless charging.  You'd have to have a charging pad/cradle anyway, so that $59 is null.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The G4 doesn't wireless charge... It will with a backplate that LG hasn't started selling yet. You need to bring it up with LG

0 Likes
SanRafaelDad
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow, that sounds a bit ridiculous that you have to buy a different back to be able to charge it wirelessly.  Sorry to hear that for LG G4 owners.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I own a couple of them.  Honestly It's not worth all the hype about it.  It charges on average 30% slower than any cable charge and exceptionally slower than any quick charger.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Why is it insane? That's like being mad that a phone has Bluetooth but you have to buy a Bluetooth headset to use that feature. Get over it.

Snn5
Legend

I don't get the hype over wireless charging.  It's a convenient thing for people who need to charge their phone overnight and not have to fiddle with finding the cable in the dark, wrestling with a port cover on a case, or disturbing their bedmate.  BUT, if you want a fast charge in relation to the size of battery LG puts in some of its phones, the stock charger is the way to go.  Wireless charging is more beauty and less brawn.  People don't get the technologically limiting factors with wireless vs physical charging nowadays.