LG G4 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Issues Since Android 6.0
sjstreat71
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone come across a fix or software patch for the LG G4 and Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)? Ever since my LG G4 upgraded to 6.0 the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth constantly drop out or turn off on their own. I know this is known compatibility issue but it seems as if LG and Android aren't doing much to fix it. I've tried factory resetting my phone, reset my routers, deleted all Bluetooth devices and reconnected, wiped the cache, etc. Nothing works.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G4 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Issues Since Android 6.0
DarylZero
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the exact same issue. I sent an email off to LG and its response was less than helpful.

I then went to a great Verizon store and because there was no damage to the phone, they allowed me to purchase insurance and get a replacement phone for the 11 dollars or so that the insurance cost. I'm wondering if the problem is involved with certain iterations on Verizon.

View solution in original post

DarylZero
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the exact same issue. I sent an email off to LG and its response was less than helpful.

I then went to a great Verizon store and because there was no damage to the phone, they allowed me to purchase insurance and get a replacement phone for the 11 dollars or so that the insurance cost. I'm wondering if the problem is involved with certain iterations on Verizon.

DarylZero
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also found this article:

http://www.androidauthority.com/android-marshmallow-problems-troubleshooting-674064/

Marshmallow Wi-Fi problems

If you suffer from Wi-Fi connectivity problems after the update, try the following: toggle Wi-Fi on and off, enter Airplane Mode and exit again, forget and re-add your network connections, reboot your phone and finally go toSettings > Backup and reset > Network settings reset > Reset settings. This will reset all of your connections, including Wi-Fi, cellular and Bluetooth, so be aware of that before pulling the trigger. The same steps generally help with Bluetooth connectivity problems too.

0 Likes
sjstreat71
Enthusiast - Level 1

This did not work. It was one of the first things I tried before asking the forum for help. I ended up taking the phone back Verizon and getting a replacement. The replacement took the upgrade to Marshmallow with no problems.

0 Likes