LG G4 Problems
LadyRelm2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had my G4 for about two months. About a week ago, my device started exhibiting the following problems

* horrible lagging on the touchscreen and device

* unexplained heating up of the device without cause

*unexplained battery drain

Both of these problems have gotten so bad in the past few days as to render my device almost unusable. Half the time my touchscreen doesn't work or I have to repeatedly hit keys before it will respond.

No explanation on the heat issue. Never happened before this week. Screen brightness is dialed back and all extraneous apps shut off and it's still heating up.

Worst of all is the battery drain. I'm sure it's related to the other problems likely. My battery used to last all day. Now it drops to 15% by lunch when I haven't even used it.

Did Verizon or LG send out an update perhaps that automatically installed without notification?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG G4 Problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LadyRelm2,

We definitely don't want you to experience issues with your device. Let's get it back in working order. Did you notice this started after installing an application? Have you tried to power off your device and back on? How long is your battery lasting throughout the day?

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LadyRelm2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not installed any new apps. My phone has been cycled with no improvement.

If I put my phone on the charger, it is taking FOREVER to charge. Earlier today I put it on the charger when it dropped to 9%. I left it on the charger for 5 1/2 hrs. It only charged to 54%. I took if off the charger but had it in sleep/standby for about 20 minutes. Turned it on to text and the battery had dropped to 19% with zero usage.

However, LG sent me a spare battery as part of their July promo. I put that battery in my phone for the first time this afternoon. I've been on my phone constantly since and it is still at 52% battery even after 5-6 hours.

This seems to indicate to me that the original battery is bad as it will not charge right or hold a charge. Might also account for the heat issue. Since I put the new battery in, no heat issue. Is Verizon going to replace this defective battery?

Lagging of the touchscreen is still there and a problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LadyRelm2,

I am glad to know that you had a spare battery and now the device is working as it should.  Does the old battery look to be damaged? Swollen, bubbled? Any liquid or physical damage? How long have you had the phone?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LadyRelm2
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, the other battery looks exactly as it did when I received the phone...other than the fact that it will not hold a charge and stopped working after a month.

0 Likes