LG G4 NIGHTMARE
Shelly308

My husband and I have been Verizon customers for 9 years and always were happy customers. Until recently on August 30, 2015 when we upgraded to the LG G4 smartphone. We have had nothing but grief with these devices. The phone constantly freezes making it unsuable for periods of time. It powers down randomly on it's own. It does not stay connected to wifi or Bluetooth. They run "hot" and when I say hot I mean too hot to even put up to your ear and talk. Verizon clocked it as over 100 degrees at one time! I am concerned about the health effects of having a phone this hot so close to my body. Verizon claims that because we are outside the 14 day guarantee there is nothing they can do for us to get us into a different device. We have had replacement phones with no different result. Verizon is telling us we need to buy the phones out for nearly $1200! ( $ 600 each) and then finance a new phone. I can't stomach the thought of paying that much money for a device that has never worked correctly to begin with. We just want to get out of these devices and into ones that actually work. Is there some kind of lemon law or anything to help a customer in our position? We need results! Please help to remedy my situation!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG G4 NIGHTMARE
Snn5
Legend

I cannot vouch for the freezing issues, however, 100-130 degrees F is normal for multi-core processors.

0 Likes
Shelly308

I have never had a cell phone so hot to the touch like this one. I can't believe it is normal. It even heats up the entire case which is very thick!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

My LG G2 with a quad core (nevermind your 6-hexa-core) reaches 115 during graphics-intensive use.  However, the freezing may be due to 3rd party apps.  Why both G4s are doing the same thing, I haven't a clue on the surface.  However, I typically tap the Square key and clear tasks regularly, but I have a 2GB RAM spec, and your 4GB leaves itself open to leave more apps in memory, thereby using CPU power (provided they are not frozen/paused) and this can contribute to more heat.  I have seen a few posts in regards to the G4 here, mainly just one-off issues, nothing as serious as frequent unusability.

0 Likes
Shelly308

Yes, we did the factory reset to rule out 3rd party app issues. Still freezing screen issues though. I was 100% charged this morning at 7am and it just went to 2% and shut down and I haven't even been on it at all today! I am beyond frustrated! Now I am at work with no phone Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Did you happen to restore apps and data automatically after factory resetting the phone?  Could be corrupted app data being re-installed upon set up.  When I FDR, I always disable automatic restore just so I don't have a copy of a bad info file restored, thereby preventing the issue from reocurring.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you have been through FDRs and replacements already and no satisfaction, you might opt to sell those phones via Swappa.com or other selling sites to recoup some money to go towards buying new phones.

Daverino

I ALSO EXPERIENCED NIGHTMARES WITH ALL 3 OF MY LG-G/4'S. THAT'S RIGHT, I SAID ALL 3. NOW I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY 2ND LG V/10, AND AM AWAITING MY THIRD!!!! I HAVE HAD ALL 3 G/4'S FAIL WITHIN DAYS OF PURCHASE. THE THIRD FAILED AS I LEFT THE VENDOR. I PURCHASED SCREEN PROTECTORS AND A PROTECTIVE CASE FOR MY G/4'S AND V/10'S. I ALERTED VERIZON ABOUT TROUBLE, TROUBLE SHOT THE PROBLEM MY SELF , ALERTED LG PERSONALLY OF THESE ISSUES. I REQUESTED REIMBURSEMENT OF THE ACCESSORY FEES, AS IT WAS NOT MY FAULT FOR THE PHONE FAILURES(BAD MOTION SENSORS IN BOTH MODELS). LG DENIED REIMBURSEMENT, A LOUSY $45.00. I AM NOW ON A MISSION TO COST THEM MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN LOST SALES. LG STANDS FOR LIKE GARBAGE, AS IS THE WAY THEY TREAT THE CONSUMER. I WILL CONTACT EVERY CELLPHONE SERVICE PROVIDER AND TELL THEM OF LG'S BLATANT DISREGARD FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS AND THEIR [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] ATTITUDE. WON'T YOU ALL JOIN ME IN BURNING THEIR [removed] ? I AM ALSO SEEKING COMPENSATION FOR THE HOURS SPENT ON THE PHONE WITH VERIZON AND LG TROUBLE SHOOTING AND FIXING THEIR GARBAGE PRODUCT. I WILL SUE IF NEED BE AND HUMILIATE THEM PUBLICLY UNLESS PROPERLY COMPENSATED!!!

0 Likes
justsammich

Funny that I bought my phone the day before you purchased yours and I am having the same issues. I bought the phone on the recommendation of a friend, and his phone has worked wonderfully since he purchased it back when the G4 first came out. He cannot believe the issues myself and other users are having! My question to you is, how did you go about getting the replacement phones? Was it through insurance or was it during your 14 day window? My friend seems to think that my phone is simply faulty, but I cannot believe that with so many people having the same issues. Like you, I do not have the money to buy out my contract and get a new phone, and it is both sickening and frustrating the kind of service I have gotten in relation to this phone.

0 Likes
Lawdydawdy22
Enthusiast - Level 1

I upgraded to a G4 from my trusty G3 model in mid November...I've only had this phone a month and have experienced the right half of the screen freezes vertically...the touch sensor on that half of the screen still works, but i cannot see a full screen at all. it was just passed the 14 days so now i have been waiting for my replacement phone to get here...its somewhere in tennessee at the moment....

i searched the net to find that G4's distributed by AT&T had this same exact problem - so they recalled all the faulty G4's and issued there customers with the comparable alternative in the latest Samsung Galaxy phone for FREE....

verizon hasnt acknowledged this issue with the split screen freeze but im hoping that if more customers like me are experiencing this same issue, that Verizon might issue a recall of these phones and follow suit like AT&T did....