Re: LG G4 NIGHTMARE
anglogator
Enthusiast - Level 1

Lawdydawdy22

Can you post a link or URL re the ATT recall?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

LG issued a statement acknowledging a component soldering issue on 505xxxxx serial units.  LG would replace or repair at no cost. LG states that the consumer should return to the place of purchase but I believe LG will take care of the issue themselves so long as proof of purchase is available.

Snn5
Legend

People with this issue typically had boot loops and unresponsive units.

mama23dogs
Legend

The phone is not a Verizon product.   It was made by LG and LG covers your warranty.  Replacements will ultimately come from LG, Verizon is just the middle man, handling the warranty for you.   Expecting Verizon to write off the rest of the Device payments or give a different phone is unrealistic.  If you buy a  Panasonic TV on a Best Buy Credit card, and it breaks in 3 months, do you expect Best Buy to give you a new TV or write off the rest of your card balance?  No.   You have to deal directly with Panasonic for a repair or replacement TV and still have to pay the credit card off. 

(This is why carriers will refuse to sell some phones, because they are in the middle and get stuck with losses that should be the manufacturers loss)

This is the future folks, this is why we are being moved to payment plans and some manufacturers are selling direct.

I Post on ATT forum and know of no such swap for a different brand.  That would be up to LG to replace phones, not ATT.

YOu will have to provide proof that happened...

Snn5
Legend

I was going to rebutt the comment stating ATT was replacing phones with different makes and models, as I KNOW Verizon NEVER will do such a thing.  If a manufacturer is willing to make it right, Verizon won't meddle with that positive-for-VZW decision, especially if all VZW has to do is send the phone in for the customer or replace it with a refurbished unit.

JB89_DMV

I am having the same issues AND NOW THE PHONE WONT EVEN TURN ON! I have done the trouble shoot several times and Verizon is telling me that I have to buy a refurbished phone for $149 when the issue is clearly the computer. I read on T-mobile sites that this issue is happening to the LG G4 AND the Galaxy phones! What am I supposed to do if I switched from AT&T for better customer service, yet am treated like a leper as if the idea that they should send me a new phone without mistakes is an outrageous idea. I did not do the damage to my phone, this phone is obviously not a good sell and should be pulled to complete the kinks! I am so happy with the Android operating system which is why I left AT&T to stop the Iphone loop, but at what cost...? Maybe I should have stuck with AT&T or worse, Apple...

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Contact LG.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Ditto.  Even if the warranty were up, this is clearly a manufacture defect.  LG has been fixing or replacing with new phones.  If they didn't honor the warranty, they ruin their reputation and brand loyalty. 

You may be without a phone for a couple of weeks if you don't have a spare to use.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

WHat do you mean "left ATT to stop iPhone loop".  There is no rule you have to replace an iPhone with another iPhone.  That's silly.   I assume you left ATT for better reception.

THe problem is not on Samsung phones.  This is a hardware defect on the LG.   It is specific to the G4 and the G4 has the same boot loop problem on other carriers.

Snn5
Legend

Yep, 505 serial units.  At least LG owned up to it.  The G4 is still a great phone.  Not like other manufacturers haven't had batch problems.

0 Likes