Re: LG G3 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can sense the frustration that this issue has caused you and the need to get the phone replaced, Chrispy2017. Let me continue to assist you with your device. It's nice knowing the device had no damage. However, what exact reason were you given on why you were being charged for the warranty replacement? Did the device have any moisture issues?

EdwinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a working phone is definitely important so I understand your concern wjmmoore60. We want to save you the trip to the store and help you here.

Just to be clear, you have the LG G3? What specific issues are you having with the Home button, wallpaper, and lock screen? Did these issues start right after the software update?

JohnB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kathobson
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone is nowhere near functional now, it freezes when you attempt to use it at all and then crashes to a blue screen and normally takes like 5 restarts to get it to turn on. Now I'm lucky if I get it to turn on, I have to wait like 4 or 5 hours between attempts. I've already purchased a phone but turns out the OnePlus does not work on Verizon so now I'm phoneless.

(My specifications: updated on March 6th for LG G3 to software version VS9854BA)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a reliable working phone is a must, Kathobson. I too would be concerned if I had a phone that kept crashing. Let’s get this fixed. When did this issue start happening? Was there any changes prior to this issue? Do you get any error messages before the phone crashes?

JosephE_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Chrispy2017
Enthusiast - Level 2

There were no moisture issues, and the device was working perfectly prior to this update. I was not given a reason other than this update was "optional", so it wasn't covered. Though I would argue that this is not an optional update as you can't decline it, you can only postpone it until the next day.

I was only given the option to do the replacement, or use my upgrade to get a different phone.

Kathobson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'll put this in here again: Updated on March 6th to software version VS9854BA. Effects were immediate starting with freezing and crashing if I turned any tools on (wifi, Bluetooth, location) now I'm lucky if it stays on. When it turns off there is no error, it simply freezes turns blue (like the old fashioned computer crash) and turns off. Haven't been able to get it to stay on for more than a few minutes now. I made no changes to my phone before or after the update.

I've already purchased a new phone and will be leaving Verizon. I have been with you for 20 years and have never been to anyone else. This is completely ridiculous that I can have a phone that works perfectly for years with no issues and an "update" is released that does nothing but crash the phone. If anything can be done to at all remedy this situation having a credit to my account is probably all that can be done at this point.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you have a working phone to use, Kat. Updates should improve the way your phone operates not make it worse. Let's see what we can do to fix this. I see there were many steps completed already. Did you also completed a factory reset on your device?

JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
DANCAR85
Enthusiast - Level 1

This latest update is causing all kinds of issues with my LG G3. My txt messages take up to 1.5 hours to send, the battery will drain in just a couple of hours, the phone resets / restarts on its own, the phone wouldn't turn off after a long phone call and the screen is slow to respond to the touch.

I updated on Feb 28 to 4ba. Please tell me there's a fix on the way. I never had these issues before the update.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure that you are getting the performance you need from the phone, DANCAR85 and I’m happy to help you today. Let’s go over a few additional details and find a solution to your device concern.

What we recommend you do next is run a diagnostic on the phone http://vz.to/1tuzrWq to check the overall health. Did all of these problems with the phone begin immediately after the update? Have you made any other changes to the phone? Please provide a few additional details and we will be ready to continue helping.

SteveR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
wjmmoore60
Enthusiast - Level 2

Home button doesn't work. I can hear it click.  Wallpaper: Constantly changing.  Lock screen: No longer have one. I set it and it doesn't stick. I am furious. I loved my phone and why should I have to replace it?

0 Likes