Re: LG G3 not recognizing SD Card After Lollipop Update
Snn5
Legend

You can also plug the phone into a PC and right click on the SD and format it there as well.

0 Likes
thedothan

It doesn't read the SD card for me even when I plug it into my computer.

If I put it in an old phone, then format, then put it back in my new phone... maybe that will work?

I'm so happy I get to lose all my pictures and have to re-upload all my music though 😕

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, using another phone, or a USB reader adapter might work to reformat it.

0 Likes
thezman51

Yeah I inserted my microsd into the adapter and formatted it using my Mac’s ‘Disk Utility’ app, then copied my old card info back onto it and my phone is still not recognizing it. My mac recognizes the card and it’s contents…so now what? 

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

DDid any of you perform a factory data reset of your device prior to and or after the software update? Also this is a prime reason why phone manufacturers are moving from sd cards.

thezman51

I didn’t realize there was a movement away from them and what cloud storage instead? I’m trying to do whatever I can to prevent factory reset as I have custom icons and launcher that’s somewhat of a pain in the ass to reformat

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

TThe new galaxy s6, a few other androids and all iphones have no external card support. Most likely though you will need to do the reset.

0 Likes