LG G3 not recognizing SD Card After Lollipop Update
thezman51

So I updated my LG G3 to Android 5.0.1 23C  and it won't recognize my SD card anymore. Plugged the phone into my mac via android file transfer, SD card doesn't show up. Can't located my minisd to sd card slot so that's not an option right now. This is the same card I've been using for years now, what can I do to fix this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G3 not recognizing SD Card After Lollipop Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello thezman51,

I'm terribly sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your device since the update! Let's work to determine how we may resolve this problem. Do you have another device you can put your SD card into? If so, please try your SD card in another device to ensure that it is readable.

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello thezman51,

I'm terribly sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your device since the update! Let's work to determine how we may resolve this problem. Do you have another device you can put your SD card into? If so, please try your SD card in another device to ensure that it is readable.

MichelleH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
thezman51

I unfortunately don’t have anything else that has a micro-sd slot. It was readable prior to the update though. Is there anything else I can do?

0 Likes
jayare
Contributor - Level 2

Try turning the phone off, pull the card, power the phone on and let it be on for at least 30 minutes. Then, power the phone off and reinsert the card. Power the phone on and wait 5-10 minutes. Check to see if it recognizes it then.

0 Likes
fish82
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue with my G3 and as card works in old phones

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
fish82,

Let's make sure we get your SD card working again.  What device was able to read the card properly? You may need to navigate to your Storage settings and format or erase the SD card. Please be advised that you'll want to back your information up to Verizon Cloud (http://vz.to/1rVG0ux) or another device before doing so. Let us know if you still need any assistance!

TrevorC_VZW
0 Likes
fish82
Enthusiast - Level 2

Galaxy note 2

0 Likes
Hennessy1970

I have the same issue on my LG3.  Just updated today.. man does it suck.   Main thing.. is my SD card will not mount.   I have taken out the SD card...restarted... waited 30 min.. powered off reinserted the SD card.   Still not finding it.    SD card with all the pics worked before update.  Put the SD card in a micro converter sleeve and found everything on my card just fine.  Card is not corrupt.  Took a second Micro SD card that I use... and put that in the phone.... Still not finding it.

So what Now?

0 Likes
thezman51

Yes mine does the same exact thing, found my micro SD adapter and plugged it into my computer and all my stuff is there. At this point would prefer to just revert my OS back to what it was before Lollipop

0 Likes
fish82
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you transfer everything off the card and reformat the card transfer everything back it will work. Its a pain but it's nice to have my sd card back