LG G3 battery drain on WIFI after Android upgrade to Marshmallow
HEAMCC26

Since the Marshmallow update on my Android (LG G3), I've noticed a significant increase in battery drain while I'm on WIFI. I've searched forums for solutions: factory reset, clear data caches, etc. Did all of them. Ordered a new battery even, and that didn't help it at all. I'm really getting annoyed with this - can anyone tell me how to deal with this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG G3 battery drain on WIFI after Android upgrade to Marshmallow
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the most out of your data plan is definitely important HEAMCC26. Let's get to the bottom of this. How long is the battery life while connected to WiFi? Does the battery life last longer when not connected to WiFi?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
blahblah_gcgc
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think this has something to do with "which" wifi you are connecting to. I think if you are connected to Comcast wifi, the drains is very bad. It seem to relate to a bug fixed by VZ a while back. That old bug caused no internet when connection to Comcast router. But this time, its battery drain.

0 Likes
blahblah_gcgc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi, I am 99% certain for "MY" battery drain, the culprit is the Verizon "Cloud". After disabling it, my G3 has been cool and NOT hot. The battery is back to normal which has been running for one and a half day.

0 Likes
blahblah_gcgc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry, I was wrong. The battery drain has NOTHING to do with the cloud, I cleaned the cache for "Google App" as well as "Google play services", the problem went away. Phone is like new, battery lasts for two days. The phone has been working fine for 2 weeks.

0 Likes