Re: LG G3 Marshmallow Availability
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you stay up to date. To clarify are you currently attempting to process the update while located outside of the country?
KleoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jbushaw1416
Enthusiast - Level 2

So where the heck did you see anything about being outside the country? Not one word in that previous reply said "country." I AM INSIDE THE U.S.

0 Likes
redhawkruger
Enthusiast - Level 3

They are dragging their feet on just pushing it to the upgrade assistant, it worked for all other updates in the past.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the confusion, jushaw1416. We want to make sure your phone is up to date with the latest software. Thank you very much for providing us all of the details so far. To clarify, we will need to make sure the phone is activated on a Verizon account to ensure the update goes through. This is the main reason it is currently not working. Please keep us posted if you have any further questions or concerns.

AnthonyC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jbushaw1416
Enthusiast - Level 2

How else can I update it if my phone isn't activated? The software upgrade assistant does not pick up the update either.

0 Likes
21johnny21

My LG G3 is activated on a postpaid account and i am having the same problem. I don't think it has anything to do with the phone being activated or not.I have tried checking for the update with wifi on and using 4GLTE. "Make sure that your phone is connected to a network before checking for updates"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure your device stays updated. Have you attempted to do the update via WiFi?
KleoL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jbushaw1416
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. The update is not detected.

0 Likes
redhawkruger
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you stating that the newest update will not be pushed out via the software upgrade tool? Being activated on a post paid verizon account in the past was never a requirement as I have used pre paid plans in the past and upgraded my lg g3 just fine.

0 Likes
kevinkoch

Trust me when I say you do not want this upgrade.  They have bricked my phone for 4g data on February 19th with the marshmallow upgrade and Verizon refuses to fix the issue on my phone.  They say its out of warranty and the only thing I can do is upgrade to another phone.  Not interested in spending more money on my part to fix the problem.

I suspect a bunch of people upgraded and had issues and they've black listed the upgrade.

I'm very upset to say the least.

0 Likes