LG G3 Marshmallow Availability
jbushaw1416
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is the current availability of the Marshmallow update? My phone is not picking up the update and neither is the Verizon Upgrade Assistant. Has the update been pushed out to users in the U.S. region? Is their a .kdz file that I can flash?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G3 Marshmallow Availability
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jbushaw1416, I want you to enjoy the benefits of the update. Let's look further into this. Once new software is available for a device, customers do not receive the software update all at once. Delivery of a push to your handset can take up to 3-4 weeks from the release date 2-16-16. What exactly are you experiencing with the assistant tool? http://vz.to/1KVN9sK
TominqueB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jbushaw1416, I want you to enjoy the benefits of the update. Let's look further into this. Once new software is available for a device, customers do not receive the software update all at once. Delivery of a push to your handset can take up to 3-4 weeks from the release date 2-16-16. What exactly are you experiencing with the assistant tool? http://vz.to/1KVN9sK
TominqueB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jbushaw1416,

Having the latest update for your phone can definitely improve your experience. The Marshmallow update for the LG G3 has already been released. Typically, software updates are sent out in waves and your phone will notify you when an update is available. About 10 days after the release, you should be able to manually update your device, so it's odd that you're not able to do so from your phone or the Software Upgrade Assistant.

Can you share the current software version that's installed in your phone http://vz.to/1EnXlrB ? What happens when you try to complete the update manually?When trying to update from the phone, are you connected to WiFi?

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes
jbushaw1416
Enthusiast - Level 2

The assistant also tells me that the phone is up to date. I thought the

assistant would be able to pull the update from Verizon regardless of when

the update is being pushed?

On Mar 11, 2016 12:33 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for giving the assistant a try, jbushaw1416. It is usually a good way to bring an update to your phone a bit faster. When you go into your phone's Settings > About Phone > Software Info, what version is listed?

JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes
AMS1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm running Android 5.1.1 which I upgraded to thru the software assistant. I've been waiting on the software upgrade assistant as well. It seems like we're just not going to get it. People have been asking the same question & complaining about it not working & Verizon doesn't seem to be offering up much. I've been trying via the SUA since 2/16/16 & it always says up to date.

0 Likes
jbushaw1416
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Android version is 5.1.1. Software version is VS98535B.

0 Likes
jbushaw1416
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am connected to Wi-Fi when checking for updates.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@jbushaw1416

Thanks for keeping us posted. Let’s take a closer look.

Can you check for the update with WiFi “Off”? Let me know what you experience.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jbushaw1416
Enthusiast - Level 2

No. It tells me to make sure that I am connected to the mobile network or have an active Wi-Fi connection. My phone is currenty not activated.

0 Likes