Re: LG G3 Bluetooth problems after Marshmallow update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your device has so many great features, but there is one that needs a little attention that may be causing this. Are all your apps up to date? When you go to your bluetooth settings under apps in your device have you cleared the cache? Did you set up any permissions to stop your phone to connect to bluetooth?
CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mikesd222
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Garmin Connect app, which is the on that is unable to connect via Bluetooth to my Garmin Vivoactive watch, has been uninstalled and reinstalled.  Permission has been given to the app to access Bluetooth.

After installed the Marshmallow update, my LG G3 phone has been able to successfully connect via Bluetooth to my stereo headphones and a Polar Heart Rate monitor.  These connect via Bluetooth through the Android settings.

The Garmin Vivoactive watch connects to the Garmin App on my phone via the Bluetooth connection established directly by the app.  The connection to my Vivoactive watch does not appear in the Android settings.  This connection is, I am guessing, a lower power type of connection designed to connect/disconnect on a regular basis and not to be permanently connected.  Prior to installing Marshmallow, this worked OK. Immediately after Marshmallow was installed, this stopped working.

tjford
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, my Garmin application is up-to-date. No, I'm not receiving any error messages.  If the problem was just with the Garmin Connect app, I'd go for it being a software compatibility issue.  However, I can't maintain a simple bluetooth pairing with devices which require no app.

I have performed a factory reset, restored nothing, and set up my phone as new.  Simply making a bluetooth pairing with my Wahoo TICKR heart rate monitor no longer works properly; I can pair, but the connection constantly drops.  The same happens with my RPM cycling cadence sensor.  Both of those worked consistently and flawlessly prior to the 6.0 update.  I am able to pair with both and not lose the connection on my wife's iPhone.  The problem is clearly with Android 6.0.  If I could revert to an earlier version of the Android OS I'd be very happy to do that, but I haven't found any means of doing so.  As far as I can tell my options are to wait for an update that fixes these problems (6.0.1?) or acquire a new phone.

lexarider
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too have the same problem as everyone else.  I've tried everything that everyone else has, and honestly the standard reply of "we are sorry you are experiencing difficulties, as the updates are supposed to enhance the use of your devices" is not cutting it anymore.  This has been a problem now for almost 2 weeks, and it is obvious everywhere you search, everyone that uses bluetooth fitness devices is having the exact same issue.  It's not a coincidence at all, and would seem appropriate to get a team of technicians on this to get it resolved!  I inquired about reverting to an older Android OS system myself, and was told that was not possible without hacking the software, which was not recommended.  I currently use a Wahoo TICKER and RPM cycling cadence sensor as well.  These devices pair just fine, as they always have, with my husband's LG G3 phone.  He has not allowed the system update to install on his phone.  I allowed the update on my LG G3, and I'm experiencing these pairing issues.  Verizon, please understand that I can get my devices to pair, but the connection is lost after 15-30 seconds.  Please help!  Thank you 

Renaldo
Enthusiast - Level 2

So it seems that Bluetooth LE under Android 6.0 has problems on the LG G3. Verizon's position seems to be "Oh no, it's not backwards compatible with your old devices. Not our fault. Contact Google, LG, the device manufacturer or whoever else you can find. We only sell it."

I'm pretty disappointed with Verizon's attitude. It sounds like Android 6.0.1 addresses these issues, but again, "Contact LG".  I find it difficult to believe Verizon is uninformed on LG's release schedule, not to mention Verizon testing time required after they receive the release from LG.

Disappointed.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I don’t want you to experience any problem with your phone, lexarider. Thanks for all the troubleshooting steps that you have tried already. My resources indicate that a factory reset may resolve any post software updates issue. Please do a factory reset as per this link: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-112585/
It is also crucial to disable Automatic Restore when doing factory reset as per this link: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-110641/

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

swcunn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have found that devices that use a dedicated app to pair and not the usual pairing method built into android are not pairing for me. I have 2 devices that use dedicated app and they both will not pair and are not visible to my phone. I have 2 other devices that pair using standard pairing method and they are not having any issues. Maybe Verizon or Android can look into whether or not this is the case.

whamma
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy S5.  Ever since I did the update earlier this week, my Garmin Forerunner 220 will no longer sync to my phone.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the Garmin app to no avail.  Not good, Verizon.

0 Likes
h2osmokey

Well I did the reset as directed by phone support and now BT won't recognize any devices nor will it connect when searching; won't see ANYTHING.    At first, before the reset, BT would turn on and connect but then the BT on the phone would drop, now the above, nothing connects and BT still quits on the phone after about 20 mins.

So VZW  what next?

0 Likes
Espovt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still not able to pair with my omron blood pressure unit since the software update. LG-G3. Deleted app and reinstalled and still no can do.  Not happy!!!!

0 Likes