LED light not working for texting
STEPHANOOCH06
Enthusiast - Level 1

After I upgraded to Nougat this weekend on my LG G5, the LED no longer continually blinks when I have a text message. It will light up when I initially receive the text but that's it. So basically, If I get a text, I need to either be there when it comes in, or I have to constantly check my phone to see If I have a text. I checked all my settings over and over again....notifications are on, LED option is on. It works for Apps like snapchat and also when my battery is charging, but not for texting. Am I missing something??

Labels (2)
Re: LED light not working for texting
STEPHANOOCH06
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also the Weather animation no longer works either, even with location on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Software updates are designed to enhance, not hinder and I apologize for the inconvenience. Your efforts are greatly appreciated and I'm here to help. I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily.

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RicTibbetts
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem.
Also, the text app (message+) does not always show new messages at the icon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@RickTibbetts

I, too, rely on my device’s LED light notifications to advise me when I have a new call or message. I would love to help. Let’s see what’s going on with your device.

When did this problem with your LED light and the Message+ application new message indicator issue begin? What is your device’s current software version number: http://vz.to/2hXHe9W?

@AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DogMom5

The last update I see on this problem is December 2016. I just updated to this awful Andriod Nougat 7.0 yesterday (by accident not by choice) and now my Verizon Message app no longer shows the LED light. I've done all the appropriate steps and does not work.  My Samgsung Message App does use the LED light but I don't like that app, prefer the Verizon Message App. Was a fix discovered for this LED light not working problem? It is April 2017 now. Thank you.

0 Likes
jenniferh_vzw
Verizon Employee

I really appreciate you double checking the other app, DogMom5. I know how convenient the LED notifications are and I’m confident we’ll find a solution. An updated version of Verizon Messages has been offered over the past few months and I want to be sure that your application has been updated for optimal compatibility. Please go into the Play Store > Menu > Apps & Games > My Apps & Games > select Update All. After updating all your applications, especially the Verizon Messages application, restart your phone and give the LED notification another try. If you’re still running into trouble, please go into Message + > Menu > About and let me know what version is listed.

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes