Re: Just don't understand how the G2 gets Lollipop before the G3
jhwatford
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you have the LG G2 don't do the update...it drains your battery and has caused my phone to freeze up and run really slow....the support at Verizon told me that the 2 can't handle the update as well as the 3. Gee thanks for telling me AFTER I do it....

Tidbits
Legend

That's on record from them. Even their own elevate program with their developers in house has said it a few times and not no low level rep. Even the Sony AOSP project with Google says what Motorola and HTC time lines point out and even with the Galaxy Nexus JBQ(Google Android Project Leader at the time) only complained about the approval process and on multiple occasions pointed to the carrier didn't touch the code.

Take care man.

0 Likes
ggnmg3703
Contributor - Level 1

Same to you!

0 Likes
Jcricketts
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spotted an answer a few days ago.  VZW was prepared to install it as they did with the G2.but pulled it back as the last minute because they were concerned that 5.02 has or had a problem.  You will get yours soon enough Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Jcricketts
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spotted an answer a few days ago.  VZW was prepared to install it as they did with the G2.but pulled it back at the last minute because they were concerned that 5.02 has or had a problem.  You will get yours soon enough

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I have few issues connected to proper operation, i only have issues with new Google-imposed app restrictions.  I won't say Verizon didnt have anything to do with it though.

0 Likes
mrmeach
Enthusiast - Level 3

Personally speaking, I do not want to be first in line (after the beta testers) to try out a software update.  KitKat works well on the G3, notwithstanding some quirks with "Ok, Google," face-detection, and a few other things.  Lollipop will most likely solve those problems and introduce a few new ones.  The experience many G2 users are having with Lollipop 5.0.1 and 5.0.2 already have them pining away for a version 5.1.  See the comments section following this short Android Authority article: Verizon LG G2 gets Android 5.0 Lollipop, ahead of the G3

0 Likes
Stephanie2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah, I found out too late as well and what was a really good phone is practically ruined. I want Kit Kat back. Surely there is a way to get the old OS back and get rid of lollipop?!?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

No, you cannot get KK back.

0 Likes
Chesky
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey guys! Lollipop for the LG G3 is finally here! I'm downloading it now from system updates.

0 Likes